Will a 2001 Sport Deck fit in my 97 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will a 2001 Sport Deck fit in my 97 XLT

G

gensic11

will the factory deck of a 2001 explorer sport (cd player deck) fit in my 1997 XLT.. it's standard deck with cassett and cd changer option but i dont have a cd changer.. i wanted to switch the decks out but im not sure if it would be able to fit.. i know i posted this earlier but my message subject wasnt right and couldnt edit it.. sorry for the double post

It should physically fit.. but it would need either custom wiring or a wiring adapter to get it to plug n play. In 98 they changed the harnesses for the HU. :(

so i could buy a harness from like.. circuit city? cause i work there an di could get it cheap

its not that easy!

At Circuit City you sell the adapters that plug into the stock harness.....(whats on the stock radio), what you need is the connector that is on the Stock harness for that year of Explorer in your case a 1998. and then you can get the harness that you store sells for the 97 explorer, and solder them together... and you now have a custom wiring adaptor.

Back