• Register Today It's free!

Will Ranger bed extender fit?

daChurchPcGuy

Reaction score
City, State
Longmeadow, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
I was supposed to get a bed extender when I purchased my tonneau cover but the owner decided to put it on his F150.:(

I found an extender for a 2001 Ford Ranger on CL, will it fit on a 2005 Sport Trac? I can't try it out since my ST is back where I bought it being repaired.

tnx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My buddy has an bed extender on his Ranger, I'll see if it'll fit my Trac but I'm pretty sure it's too wide.

I know that the extender from a style side bed F-150 will work but to use it with the factory tonneau cover you just need to cut 2.5" off the ends of the tubes. I did a write-up on this a while back. I have a extender for sale but not sure where you're from.

Ok, my wife took my rig into the city but should be back I a couple hours, I'll go test fit the Ranger extender to see if it fits.

Ok so the extender won't fit, the Ranger bed is about 3-4" wider then the ST bed. I tried the Ranger extender in my ST's bed, it was too wide, then I tried my extender in the Ranger bed but it was too narrow by about 3-4 inches.

MidnightRebel07 is da man...

It's a long shot but an extender from a flareside Ranger might fit. I'm thinking it'll be too narrow though, would need to test fit before you buy it.

Problem solved, I found 1 2002 ST bed extender on CL minus brackets. I got the hardware off ebay and it fits like a glove. I didn't realize I already had the grommets installed so now I have an extra set, looking for holes ...

Back