Will these bolt patterns match up? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will these bolt patterns match up?

My mom has a BMW X5 with a bolt pattern of 5x120, and as we all know explorers have bolt patterns of 5x4.5. She has a set of snow tires and rims I'm hoping to use on my X this coming winter, but is there any possible way the winter rims would fit on my car?

I'm guessing not so I wanted to save myself the trouble of jacking up the car and trying.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm assuming the 4.5 is in inches, and it can be converted to mm to be 114.3? If that is the case, then no, they won't fit.

B94Sport said:
I'm assuming the 4.5 is in inches, and it can be converted to mm to be 114.3? If that is the case, then no, they won't fit.

You are correct. The metric equivalent of our 5X4.5 is 5X114.3, so the BMW rims will not fit.

ok, thanks guys... I forgot how the metric converted over :confused:

As info:

mm = in * 25.4

Regards,
John.

Also, you can use Google's conversion feature.

Just go to Google and type "x.. [units] in [units2]" (no quotations) and it will do the conversion for you and show you the result! x.. is the first number, [units] is the units of measurement for the first number, and [units2] is the units of measurement that you want to convert to. I love Google!

So in this case, you'd type "4.5 inches in millimeters", and sure enough, it returns "4.5 inches = 114.3 millimeters"

It works for just about any units you can think of.

Back