• Register Today It's free!

Will these fit?!?!

blaster9

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Hey guys, new to the forum. I just bought a '21 ST with the street pack and have the following wheels/tires in my cart ready to pull the trigger but just need some help. I'm looking to get the below set of 18s and wrap them in 265/65/18 Duratracs.

18 x 9" Moto Metals
5 x 114.3
Offset: 18mm
Center Bore: 74.1"
Backspace: 5.71

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTO-METAL...622922&hash=item46abbf8a69:g:T2oAAOSw8j9el1Fd

Thanks for all your input!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys, new to the forum. I just bought a '21 ST with the street pack and have the following wheels/tires in my cart ready to pull the trigger but just need some help. I'm looking to get the below set of 18s and wrap them in 265/65/18 Duratracs.

18 x 9" Moto Metals
5 x 114.3
Offset: 18mm
Center Bore: 74.1"
Backspace: 5.71

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTO-METAL...622922&hash=item46abbf8a69:g:T2oAAOSw8j9el1Fd

Thanks for all your input!
This part is not compatible with 2021 Ford Explorer ST Sport Utility 4-Door 3.0L 2956CC 181Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged. according to their ad

This part is not compatible with 2021 Ford Explorer ST Sport Utility 4-Door 3.0L 2956CC 181Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged. according to their ad
With all due respect, I dont always believe everything I read when it comes to standard non-compatibility claims. Amazon and eBay tell me all the time that parts are compatible or not and they're frequently dead wrong.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Regarding the change in tire size, they are just at the generally accepted maximum diameter variance of 3%. The hub bore size of the 2020 is 70.5" so I'm not sure if that would present a problem. As for the other dimensions, the lug spacing seems to be the same but I'm not sure about the others. I did find this post; Looking for 2020 Explorer ST 21" Wheel Specs
Good luck and please keep us updated.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Regarding the change in tire size, they are just at the generally accepted maximum diameter variance of 3%. The hub bore size of the 2020 is 70.5" so I'm not sure if that would present a problem. As for the other dimensions, the lug spacing seems to be the same but I'm not sure about the others. I did find this post; Looking for 2020 Explorer ST 21" Wheel Specs
Good luck and please keep us updated.

Peter
Hey Peter thanks for the input. I found a site (elementwheels.com) that gives fitment guarantees on a long list of wheels. I think I'm just gunna go with a set of black rhinos but cant decide between 18s or 20s as some people are saying 18s on the ST w/street pack is too tight clearance wise.
RE the 3% rule of thumb, I could have sworn some reported that 275/55r20 tires (diameter of 31.9") would fit but cant seem to find the thread or posts now. Can you confirm or point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks again! trying to order wheels & tires today so I can put the OEM 21s for sale with low mileage!

There is a member who used the 2020 Police Interceptor 18" steel wheels on his 2020 ST and since put them on his 2021 ST.
I'm not sure of the specific thread/post you are referring to but there are some posts on 275/55R20 tires in the following;

Peter

There is a member who used the 2020 Police Interceptor 18" steel wheels on his 2020 ST and since put them on his 2021 ST.
I'm not sure of the specific thread/post you are referring to but there are some posts on 275/55R20 tires in the following;

Peter
Thanks Peter. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of 18s and 265/65r18 duratracs. I found a set of hub centric rings too but still need new TPMS. Any suggestions where to buy? And do i need OEM Ford TPMS sensors or will aftermarkets suffice?

I always try to go OEM with parts in case there are issues but they are probably more expensive. Aftermarket ones should work as long as they are 315 MHz and for the Explorer.

Peter

I always try to go OEM with parts in case there are issues but they are probably more expensive. Aftermarket ones should work as long as they are 315 MHz and for the Explorer.

Peter
Any idea where to purchase (other than the dealer)?

Are you referring to OEM? This site usually has good pricing. It has been mentioned prices are invoice + 10%. Can't verify that though. The problem is that they don't have the 2021 listings yet. Search Results | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
You could also do an Internet search. I came up with several results, some were aftermarket. 2021 explorer tpms - Google Search

Peter
Yes, thanks Peter! Thanks again for all your input as you're seemingly the only one willing to provide assistance! To that end, I hope one day I can reciprocate some of the knowledge back at you.

In the meantime, with my current setup of 31.6" diameter 265/65/18s, do you know if I can get away with adding a hub-centric wheel spacer; if so, how big do you think i can get away with? I'm hoping to do Bora spacers in the neighborhood of 1.5-2.5" like i did on my GC Trailhawk.

Thanks again!

I'm afraid I won't be of any help with that question. I've never done anything involving spacers. Hopefully someone with experience/knowledge about them can jump in. Sometimes sites like www.tirerack.com have helpful information on certain wheel/tire related items.

Peter

Back