• Register Today It's free!

2020ST v 2021ST

BrianT

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
My dealer called today, to tell me that he has a 2021 ST Infinite Blue with my name on it, at the same
lease payment as my 2020 ST that I picked up late October 2019.

So the big question is, what are the differences from a 2020 ST to a 2021 ST
What did they take away, or what did they add?

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is the same exact vehicle except for some minor cosmetic changes inside. They changed the plastic to shiny plastic, that's about it.

It is the same exact vehicle except for some minor cosmetic changes inside. They changed the plastic to shiny plastic, that's about it.

And the back of the front seats are stitched vinyl instead of hard plastic.

And if I am Not mistaken, the roof rails are Not standard on the 2021 anymore, correct?

And if I am Not mistaken, the roof rails are Not standard on the 2021 anymore, correct?
I believe only on the ST and base Explorer. Although you can get one for the ST (optional).

Here you go Brian.

Peter

They also removed the windshield de-icer from the 21 I believe. Which is unfortunate. Hopefully they add it back in at some point.

Wait, how or why are they calling you in for a 2021 when you're only 1 year into your lease?

Usually if i'm in a 36 month lease, the dealer will start calling me around the 32 or 33rd month.

Wait, how or why are they calling you in for a 2021 when you're only 1 year into your lease?

Usually if i'm in a 36 month lease, the dealer will start calling me around the 32 or 33rd month.
I do not understand my dealer, since I leased my 2013 Explorer Sport this will be my 6th leased Explorer from him.
All high KM lease, 35000 KM per year. It's a company lease, paid in full by my company.

2013 > 2015 > 2016 > 2018 on all of these deals the payment has been the same or a little lower (around $825.00 cnd)
2018 > 2020 ST lease payment increased, as sticker price of ST had increased to just over $1000.00 cnd
2020 > 2021 payment $25.00 cnd less

Any how the deal is done, I pick up my Infinite Blue ST (Street Pack, Tech Package, Roof) on Tuesday.

I have been dealing with him for around 18 years, purchased many F150 and Explorers.
When I went to trade in my 2009? Explorer LTD (paid in full) in 2013 he suggested that I lease my
Explorer Sport and he told me that he would put me in a new one every 2 years, well so far he has:)

Brian

Any how the deal is done, I pick up my Infinite Blue ST (Street Pack, Tech Package, Roof) on Tuesday.

Brian
With all the rain we are supposed to get over the 2 days and it's a good thing you're getting a roof. 🤣

Peter

With all the rain we are supposed to get over the 2 days and it's a good thing you're getting a roof. 🤣

Peter

Touche! Peter

Looks like I should have said Twin Panel Moonroof

Brian

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Picked up my 2021 Ignite Blue ST this morning, its been ready for pickup since Tuesday
but I have been to busy at work to pick it up.

Brian

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

So the ST come standard with steel wheels that look like the police interceptor package?

The infinite blue is an amazing color, our XLT sport appearance package has the same color but those wheels look kind of out of place on a ST, IMO.

Congrats. That's a nice way to start the new year.:chug:

So the ST come standard with steel wheels that look like the police interceptor package?

The infinite blue is an amazing color, our XLT sport appearance package has the same color but those wheels look kind of out of place on a ST, IMO.

No they are my winter tire and rims. The ST with the Street pack comes with 21" Black Aluminum wheels and tires.

No they are my winter tire and rims. The ST with the Street pack comes with 21" Black Aluminum wheels and tires.

Right, I did not check out how far North you are, that makes sense. That is a great looking Explorer.

Congratulations, enjoy.

I think by law canada has to have winter tires before thanksgiving?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder how long you'll be able to keep reusing them this time before the wheel/brake setup changes again? :)
Have a Happy and Healthy New Year Brian and all the others on here.:party:

Peter

Back