• Register Today It's free!

will this work for an OHV?

syn-

Reaction score
City, State
orlando, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt - wip
found a C&L 75mm cobra throttle body in the junkyard, thinking about replacing my stock one with it. will this work? or will I run into problems? Also curious to know if the stock 70mm is also a good upgrade (I have both)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope. Neither will work as a bolt on for the 4.0L OHV.

The 66mm BBK is the only aftermarket one that works on them.

Which Cobra Motor are you talking about? The 4.6 DOHC? Or the 5.0L OHV?

Ryan

it was the 4.6. Also, another question. You still making intake spacers?

Yeah...I am....

Ryan

well then I have 2 additional questions. how much (96 ohv)? and will the ranger/thunderbird (89-95) 3.8 bbk tb work (D-245-12) on the 4.0?

75. No. The ONLY one that works is the BBK. For a couple years, 'back in the day' BBK was manufacturing the Edelbrock Throttle Bodies too, so you CAN find an Edelbrock Throttle Body for the Ford 4.0L OHV. But it was made by BBK.

Ryan

tbs.. does it do anything and if you still make them how much are we talking? any benefit helps I suppose. i currently have cone filter adap plate and super 40 dumped at back door.... redneck with the best baby

1993 mustang vin e5.oh.o v-8 235 hp 300torque

tbs.. does it do anything and if you still make them how much are we talking? any benefit helps I suppose. i currently have cone filter adap plate and super 40 dumped at back door.... redneck with the best baby

:notworthyhell no dont put a bigger throttle body into computer has to be tuned so computer know it has a bigger throttle body my 93ford mustang lx convertible 5.0 H.O V-8 BEFORE I BOUGHT THE MUSTANG THE LADY TOLD ME IT IS REALLY FAST AND FURIOUS WHEN I FIRST TEST DRIVE IT I SAID HOLY **** i put 65mm bbk throttle body 65mm bbk egr spacer k&n air filter with stock i had to get it tuned after put parts STOCK HORSEPOWER ABOUT 235HP 300TORQUE AFTER PUTTING AFTER MARKET HIGH PERFORMANCE ABOUT 400HORSEPOWER TORQUE 400 I REALLY CAN FEEL THE POWER WHEN I DRIVE FAST IT SOUND LIKE SUPERCHARGED :burnout::salute:

WHAT? Am I the only one that thinks this guy needs lay off the caffeine?

Ryan

x2
Posted via Mobile Device

o and what kind of spacers do you make?
Posted via Mobile Device

screen name is about right too... :D

Back