• Register Today It's free!

Windshield washer system problem

Rocketheavy

Reaction score
City, State
Bozrah, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 4x4
Does anyone else have this problem? My windshield washer fluid only sprays when it wants to. is it the switch? or the pump? I bought a new blinker lever switch but same problem. is there anything in between the 2? I need to solve this before the snow falls! Thanks :yelexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

same thing happens here i'll press the washer fluid button and it will work whenever it want's to. i havent cheked it out but maybe theres something stuck in the hose thing or somethin i dotn know

hmm

im gonna drain it and put an airhose to it just to check. hopefully Ill find a loose or corroded wire :)

I solved mine

Had the same problem. I checked the piping and jets were ok by blowing through them. Ordered a new switch from USA- much cheaper-and found they're one terminal different. Now no washers plus wrong wiper sequence. Put old switch back cursing (at least the wipers would be ok) and found it now worked for the washer and of course the wipers were fine too. So I suggest you check out the multi plug connectors on the back of the multi switch and give the pins a clean with electrical contact cleaner. Hope it works

I think i figured it out. the electrical plug that connects to the back of the wiper fluild reservoir wasnt clicked on all the way. i took it off, cleaned it and pushed it all the way on. seems to have done the trick. thank god! I hope this is your problem too!

Back