• Register Today It's free!

2006 windshield washer system?

Boomyal

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Ltd
Tried to use my windshield washers the other day and they did not work. I never paid attention to the location of the squirters but I assumed they might be covered in snow or even frozen.

Today, the hood was clear and I could see the squirters but nothing came forth when I depressed the switch. Thinking the reservoir might be empty, I opened the hood and checked. I could see liquid at the bottom of the fill neck. I can't be sure what the anti-freeze properties are of the solution, as I just bought the vehicle. Maybe the lines are frozen up near the squirters.

Has anyone had to diagnose a non-squirt situation?

Being that it has been snowing etc. where you are I am pretty sure that the lines are just frozen with non winter formula washer fluid. I would lightly heat the lines and put some isopropanol in the reservoir to help with the iced over lines.

Like flag said, probably frozen, they are located on the hood. I use the rainx all season (also melts ice and snow). best stuff on the market if you ask me. water beads up and blows off with out the use of wipers after about 30mph, and it's good to about -20deg F. Also using a frame-less wiper with teflon edges works pretty good too.

Back