Wiring Schemitic - Steering Column | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring Schemitic - Steering Column

mrnapolean1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer
I am searching for a wiring schemitc for both a 97 Explorer Eddie Bauer and a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer. I only need the wiring schematic for the steering column for both vehicles.

What I am trying to do is install the Ford Limited (2 spoke) steering wheel in my 97 which has the 4 spoke design. I also want the temperature and fan buttons to work on the limited steering wheel with the 97.

I am already aware I need a clock spring for the 2000 Explorer because I broke the one in it.

I am trying to find out what each wire does on this connector (larger connector) Smaller one is for the SRS system.
20160318_201250.jpg

This plugs into the harness that runs thru the steering column.

And on this one I am trying to find what pin corresponds to what function. (so I can make a custom harness.....)

Also I need to know what wire color does what function on this connector:
20160318_202422.jpg

If I cannot get the Temp and Fan buttons to work I will cut and splice the ribbon and the plug above together so at least I will have cruse control and horn.

I have decided to make a custom harness that will allow me to use the Temp and fan buttons.

Back