wiring speakers

JoeBlow2000

Reaction score
City, State
Albany, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Hey.

I have two 15 solo baric dual 4 ohm load speakers. Should I wire them to get a 2 Ohm or 8 Ohm load? I am using a RF 800.2 amp. What guage should the wiring be?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but since they are DVC subs, you can wire the VC's in parellel, therefore tricking your amp into thinking that each channel is 2 ohms...thus putting out 1-1/2 to 2 times the power rated at 4 ohms. Just make sure the amp is rated that low.

you can wire them each in series to create two 8 ohm loads. then together in parallel to creat a 4 ohm mono load.

Wiat a sec.

with dual 4 Ohm speakers I can get either a 2 or 8 Ohm load... I don't know where you're getting the 4 from - not possible. I'm asking if it's better to have more or less resistance for the speakers. The amp can handle either. I know you can get more amps/watts through a less resistance load.

yes. one subwoofer can make a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load. if you wire easch one as a 8 ohm load, then wire them together (parallel) to make a 4 ohm mono load.

you have to use both subs together to get the 4 ohm mono load. if you only had one subwoofer on the amp, you would have to wire it as a 8 ohm mono load, because your amp is not stable to 2 ohms mono. it is stable to 2 ohms stereo (which is the same impedance as 4 ohms mono).

ok..

so now i have two bd1000.1's coming. how would you wire these to my two 15 solo barics that are 4 ohms dual voice coil? and again what size wire do i need inside the box?

much better.

wire the subwoofer's voice coils in parallel to make a 2 ohm mono load. that amp is stable to 2 ohms mono. to do this, connect both positive terminals of the subwwofer to the same positive lead on the amp to bridge it. and do the same for the negative. do this for each sub and amp. that's going to be a crazy loud system:eek:

oh, and for the speaker leads from the amp to the subs you should probably use 8 guage wire to get the best connection and current.

for the power wire to the amp, use at least 4 guage. the easiest way is to run 0 guage to a distribution block, then 4 guage from the block to each amp/

thank you

I'll post pics of the box when it's done being built.. just for the hell of it. Then I'll post pics as I install the rest in a week or two.

Thanks again,
Joe

sounds great. that's going to be one impressive system.
i have a feeling you are going to want a componet set for you kickpanels so your subs dont overpower the rest of your system.
good luck with the install:)

Front door speakers + equalizer

I'm going to have a PROFILE 400SX CAR AUDIO SPEAKER AMPLIFIER powering INFINITY Kappa 5x7" Car SPEAKERS 572.3cf in the front. Will that be enough? Should I get an equalizer for these and if so which one(s)? That is the last question I have for you guys before I begin installation.

Oh - also, my HU has a front, rear, and nonfading out. The nonfading out will be for the two subs but how to I split it so that both subs can receive non-fading? Can I split the RCA wiring somehow?

Joe:p

you wont need an eq. the croosvers should be set right and you'll be fine.

to hook up the non fading sub out to two amps just split the singnal with the interconnects.

Back