Woah. Check out this letter I just got regarding the Firestone recall | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Woah. Check out this letter I just got regarding the Firestone recall

Mike 92 XLT

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Manhattan Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Expensive German Stuff
Firestone denied me twice for a refund for my ATXs, claiming both times that I didn't have the tires replaced at an "Authorized Bridgestone/Firestone Retailer." Now, I got them replaced at Discount Tire, which is like the nation's biggest tire chain, so I'm pretty sure that they're an authorized dealer, but after being denied once and then denied again on appeal, I just gave up.

Today I received a letter in the mail from the State of Tennesee Attorney General. Check this out:

"We are writing to you to inform you about a restitution program that is available to you because of a settlement entered into between the Attorneys General and Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc. This settlement arose from a 14-month long investigation by the Attorneys General into alleged unfair or deceptive acts or practices by Bridgestone/Firestone with regard to the sale of certain tires. You are receiving this letter and attached form because your request has been determined to be eligible for reconsideration under the Attorneys General settlement with Bridgestone/Firestone. You are eligible because in the past you requested a refund or reimbursement from Bridgestone/Firestone under its Voluntary Safety Tire Recall Reimbursement Program, which was denied."

Etc.

Wow. Has anyone else gotten this letter? Looks like I may get my refund after all. Better late than never I guess. Now I have to go find all my papers and receipts again. I'll keep everyone updated on this.

peace

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good, good. Justice is served :D

Nope, didnt get that. I also replaced mine at discount tire and got my refund back quickly. I did have to take the old tire back to a firestone dealer and have them fill out a form though. Did you do that part?

i just got BFG AT KO's, bought them, 450 mounted and everything. Firestone didnt recall Wilderness HT's

i wish i tried to get money for my coopers during the firestone recall:mad: :frustrate

:fire: I have coopers, they came on mine when I bought ir about 2 months befor the problem,can I get a replacement,if so why
Back_Wheel_1992.jpg

My rents lease a 2000 XLS. Right after the got it my mom was scared about the tires and they gave us a new set, (still firestones however) and they hadnt even had 10k miles on them. A couple months ago after the firestone recall, we got another pair of sneakers for the EX. I think they are goodyears or something (ill check). Anyways my point being is are EX has under 25k miles on it and its already wearing its third set of wheels. Each time we got four and a full spare, all for free. There has been no problem here.

I got that same letter, but already had my refund. I was denied because I bought a 32" spare, but after explaining that I was told by a Firestone dealer that it was an acceptable replacement, justice was served and I was paid. Even though they were wrong. Poor Poor Firestone...
still cant figure out why I got the letter

Danny, you probably got the letter because you got denied that first time. They must keep records of everyone who sent in for a refund and was denied for whatever reason. The lawyers must have been working off that list.

Brian1: No, I didn't take the old tires to a Firestone store and have them fill out a form because I had mine done in March, before the recall. However, I had them replaced because that was the time when the rollover claims were starting to really heat up, and I didn't want to take a chance on the Firestones as I was about to drive back to CA from MI. I'm assuming that the reason Firestone retroactively extended the recall to January was to cover the people who replaced the ATXs for safety reasons (like me) before they were officially recalled.

peace

Mike

Back