• Register Today It's free!

won't start

damnford

Reaction score
City, State
pine city washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer eddibouere
my friends 94 explorer died last fall. we checked the fuel pump at it was only putting out 10-15psi so we decided to change the pump and filter and when we took the filter off a bunch off black stuff came out so we installed the new on and left the hose off and then dropped the tank and cleaned the tank and then changed the pump when we put the tank back in today after sitting for a few months the pump made noise but no pressure. i thought maybe the filter was backward no just the hose was off now it puts out 40 psi but the truck won't start. it sat at the previous owners house for a few years before my friend bought it. i am thinking plugged injectors. isn't there screens on those injectors? i fixed the backfiring, i hooked up the vacume line to the egr controller i think that is what it is anyway. it is a 4.0 pushrod engine. it also needs a starter someday i had to tap on it to get it to work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Plugged injectors can certainly be the cause. Pull all the spark plugs and crank it. If you don't see gas vapor from each cylinder, then inop injectors is confirmed.

I think there are little screen filters

Make sure you have spark. Mice have a way of chewing up vehicles that sit for more than 5 minutes. At least around here anyway...

Back