WOULD Eddie Bouer AC RESISTOR WORK IN XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WOULD Eddie Bouer AC RESISTOR WORK IN XLT?

Phili602

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport
Ok, I did a body swap with a Eddie bouer chassis and a XLT body. It has the 4.0 SOHC and its a 1998. I had to reuse the EB wiring that goes to the headlights and everything else under the hood. I have a problem with the AC resistor plugging in because the plug is different on the XLT and I only have the EB wiring. I was wondering what the resistor is for and would it matter if i put the EB resistor in the XLT even though the XLT doesnt have climate control? The EB resistor has a small computer chip or whatever on it and the XLT has some coils. I really cant afford the time its gonna take to rewire the whole engine bay. Can I just use the EB resistor or will it not work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there anything I can do besides getting my whole engine bay rewired?

I would just change the plug over, cut the wires then attach the new plug with wire connectors.

Thats the problem. The xlt wire plug has 4 thick wires. And the eddie wiring plug that I have on there has 2 thick wires and 3 skinnier wires. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! I just wanna get this bad boy back on the road with ac

I just tried connecting the EB resistor but its not even turning on the blower. So I guess my only option is to go and buy a xlt engine bay harness and rewire the whole engine bay to make thw blower work? Since its wired diffrently then the EB I guess its not going to work? I think its because the EB had a different ac control and different plug ins on the control and now that I just have the knobs in the xlt its not gonna pick up the signal to turn the blower on. does that sound right?

I don't know about the wiring but the EB will have a variable resisitor due to the auto climate control where as the XLT will have a 4 step resisitor to match the fan speed knob. Might be best to get the proper harness or swap in the EB dash harness with all of the climate control parts (bonus!)

Back