Would these wig wag flashers work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would these wig wag flashers work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, they will work. i have them for my car and they work. 2000 explorer. galls.com sells them as well, also 19.99. you should be able to get wiring info from there as well, for free...

have them and love them in my 94 explorer

I would just get the galls ones, I got them shipped to my door for $26 and they have instructions and a warranty.

just out of curiosity.. why are y'all installing Wig Wag flashers? When do you plan on using them? seems like an 'impersonation of an officer' just waiting to happen...

Cause all of my families vehicles are allowed to have police lights in case my parents need to use any of them to get to work.

I should get something like that. I saw some Z06 with them connected to their alarm, brings lots of attention. Sounds like an idea to me!

EDIT: Nevermind, thought they were strobes. Don't wanna flash HID lights on and off, bye bye ballasts! I'm doing strobes ;)

im vol ems in nyc days like sept 11 or the day of the black out and in many other instances they do get traffic out of the way so u can get to your base and get the ambulance.

How hard are they to install? Does this kit do the front and rears?

The galls kit is easy as pie to install. Its only for the front lights though.

Yup, only 4 wires. All you do is cut the high beam wire (green with black stripe) and tie one of the wig-wag wires (theres 4 of them) into each cut end of the high beam wire and your done.

Just remember in NYC they are illegal to "use". Just because you run voluntary ambulance or have family members that are Police or Fire- doesn't give anyone the right to use them to run lights and drive like an azz (which is what most people using them do).

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but far too many people abuse the simulated emergency vehicle lights to do stupid ****, that said- aside from the fact that the Police usually don't stop people using them, I have seen instances where they have and they aren't too happy when they stop people they catch abusing them.

This is a HUGE problem in the NYC area, everyone has them and use them at any chance or traffic jam. I never ever use mine on the street, its one hell of a jail sentence if I get caught. Not to mention my parents get in a lot of trouble if I were to use them and get caught. I use them for the shows I enter and while off-roading just for fun.

Back