would this intake fit?

4X4Tribal

Reaction score
City, State
South Yarmouth, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport

I'm by no means an expert...But...

I'm guessing you could probably find a company number in all that mess and call them to see if it'll fit your '99. If all else fails I guess you could bid on it and if it dont fit, I guess we'll see it on E-Bay again (Slightly used). I would imagine that it would, if anything maybe a snugger (is that a word?) or looser fit than you would like with the other engine components around it. I don't think the engine compartment changed too much between 1999 and the starting year of that model 2001. But I'm thinking abit pessimistically, if it did "fit" the 1999 model why didn't they list it as such or maybe company just trying to make more money on a "new" version of thier stuff. In short (sorry, I meant to give you the "Reader Digest" version), I would just try to contact company first, anyway... Or just e-mail the guy and see if he knows, if he wants your business, he WILL find out for you

It'll fit, albeit crappily... When I got my intake off ebay they sent me that one first so I was like WTF, since the one I supposedly bought had a bent tube rather than that flexy silicone part. I put it on and it fit okay but I just didn't like the looks of it. I have my 45degree bent tube intake and it looks a whole lot better :)

edit; actually now that I noticed it... you will need two little holes in the intake close together instead of far apart like that one, but you could always get some hose and extend it to the other one.. If you get it you'll know what I mean.

Back