Ebay Cold Air Intake Question

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the first one looks like crap, the second only comes with the adapter plate and the filter for it will run you a lot more. My suggestion: Just go with a KKM. It's relatively inexpensive, specific to your application, is of high quality, and works great. Not to mention it looks sweet under the hood and comes with everything you need to install. You can't go wrong.

Well rite now I have a cut air box witha drop in k&n filter, how much more will the KKM do for me

I wouldn't trust a filter that I would get on Ebay unless it came in a kit like a MAC or K&N. The adapter would work though. Make sure its sealed up though if you do install it.

Yeah don't get one of those crappy filters with the "heat shield". I had one for a while. a 3" filter is also real small.. I've got a 7" K&N on right now.

Afboy143 said:
Well rite now I have a cut air box witha drop in k&n filter, how much more will the KKM do for me

The KKM wouldn't be a huge jump, but it would be better. I personally wouldn't spend the money on the KKM if I already had a drilled airbox/K&N.

An open element filter is better than a drilled airbox.

Alrite so I should just buy the adapter on ebay and get a filter somewhere else?

And husky when they say "3 inch filter" i think they mean the diameter of the base of the filter where it connects to the piping

Afboy143 said:
Alrite so I should just buy the adapter on ebay and get a filter somewhere else?

And husky when they say "3 inch filter" i think they mean the diameter of the base of the filter where it connects to the piping
Go Here for a filter www.morgan-tec.com, no oil no B.S, by the way, the filters that come with mac intakes are K&N clones

I bought one of those cheap chrome filter/adapters for a friend off ebay (same as the first link but chrome) and he said it worked pretty good and noticed a difference. He is so ghetto he took out the plastic intake tube and made his own outta PVC pipe and dipped it in some chrome paint his dad had it looks so ghetto but is very throaty and good sounding.

Back