Would you buy another Explorer? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would you buy another Explorer?

Would you buy another Explorer?

• Yes

Votes: 90 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Depends upon the year

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters
not to get off subject but there's one in Lancaster thats lifted for $1500 get on craigslist.org you'll see it

thats the one im going to look at as soon as i can haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After killing my second auto tranny I finally decided to get rid of my 92 and I miss it, if I didnt have so many vehicles laying around already and I had some more cash id get another sploder in a heartbeat. Every time I hop on this forum I start lookin at the auto traders again XD Only made things worst when my roomate picked up a first gen 4 doors sploder like mine. The next one will be a first gen standard 2 door if I had my way thou. Ever since killing 2 a4lds and owning 2 standard pickup trucks I've doubted if i'll ever buy another auto again

picking up a 93 4 dr this weekend... :D

i am on my second sport. the first one was a 92 5spd 4.0 4x4 (i never knew that you could chirp the tires going into second gear on one of those till i did it). the second one (and the one i have now) is a 98 sport 4x4 4.0 auto, and if you want to count it, i have a 00 xlt for a parts truck. as for buying another one, no. why would i replace something that is never going to die!!! :D

If I was buying an SUV without a doubt I'd buy another Explorer.

However, if I were getting a car, 2door Ford Focus ZX3 :D

I did, I sold my 92 a couple weeks ago and then 2 days later I bought a 95 Fully loaded XLT

Oh and also owned a 1994 Explorer Sport 4X4 5spd before the 92, plus we also have the 96 so all in all so far 4 Explorers :)

I'm on my second Explorer right now. Owned a '91 before this one. Hopefully, I won't need to buy another one. My long-term plan is to keep this one and turn it into an off-road machine (like many of yours) and buy a different vehicle for a daily driver. If I totaled this one I would probably buy another to replace it but it would have to be a 1st or 2nd gen, not a fan of the newer ones.

I think you should amend the poll to list specific Generations :rolleyes:

I'd gladly buy the right 1st gen (just one in really good shape), or a second gen sport, 4 door or Sport Trac if treated nicely and equipped nicely. I would agree with the high owner loyalty perspective . Most of the mall crawler or soccer-mobile owners at my work are still very happy with their Ex's. As I am sure that most people here have experienced; most of my co-workers are surprised that anyone actually 4-wheel's an Explorer!! HA! :D:p:

:cool:

As I mentioned before I would buy another if I had to buy another vehicle in a pinch, but I am looking to go bigger and get something that I really want for my next vehicle, which is looking to be a newer 05+ Expedition.

Dan

I'd never buy a new one or even one with IFS.

Likely 1st gens only, maybe a 2nd gen for parts.

i'd buy a second explorer,im actually lookin a 3 of them now for 500 each

Back