Would you buy another Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would you buy another Explorer?

Would you buy another Explorer?

• Yes

Votes: 90 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Depends upon the year

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I would buy a third. Especially an Aviator( which will be put on 35s, and wheeled)

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After owning two first gen's ('92 & '94) and one second gen ('01), I would definitely buy another first gen, but most likely not another second or 3rd gen. I just don't think the newer ones are built as well as the first gen's. When we were in the market to replace our '01 Explorer, we test drove an '05 Explorer and then an '05 F-150. We went with the F-150. Better ride, quieter, more power, more room, better constructed...etc.

BTW, added a third choice :)

I was thinking any Explorer, regardless of the year, but thanks for adding the third choice. Had I thought to put it in when I made the poll, I would have selected the year dependant choice.

I personally would only buy a first or second gen because of the IRS on 2002+ trucks. I don't have anything against newer Explorers, I just like having a solid rear axle.

Even though my Ex is rusty and looks like hell, I would have a hard time parting with it. I loved my 2001 Ranger, but there is just something about my 1995 Ex that I love. I am glad it has been relatively problem free (especially for having 155K and being $950), because I would probably put a good bit of money into it to keep it on the road if it did have a major issue because I like the thing so much.

Yes. I'd get another 2nd (or 1st) gen as a rock rig in a heartbeat. If they ever come up with an efficient hybrid or even better a diesel model that doesn't look like it had been beaten down with an arm-load of ugly sticks, I'd get a new one as well. Oh and that new one would have to be a real SUV...not some lifted soccer-mom, grocery-getting mini-van.

I love mine.. I'd never sell it.. My bro loves mine so much he's looking for his own now..

Si

In a heartbeat.

if I could find a older rust free 4door with a 5.0 and 2wd I'd by it and build it up.

Mine was $100, at that price I'd buy a chevy. Ok, I wouldn't buy a chevy. The Explorer, I've been happy with. It's off road only.

i love my third gen...granted i cant lift it much but i still like it, later on down the road i wanna get a 1st or second gen to make into an offroad vehicle...:D

Nope, I'm done with SUV's - this will probably be the last SUV I ever own unless they finally will give me a quality (non-chrylser) mid size SUV with a diesel.

if I could find a older rust free 4door with a 5.0 and 2wd I'd by it and build it up.

You can buy my rust free 4 door 5.0 4x4 Mounty

I have been reunited with my 3rd "X" - Limited... and I had two in the meantime so... and if I add my 03 Mounty that I sold last year I have owned what? 5 or 6 so far... and I would buy my fourth one back in an instant... if I ever find it for sale.

:confused:

I am not to sure but i happy with my 01 sport i love it a lot even though its a gas guzzler its gets me from point A to point B.

If I was in a bind and needed a ride, I would buy another in a heartbeat, but I would look for one with the V8. But my next truck will likely be an F-150 or F-250, V8 or the V10...

Dan

yes I'd buy a third one, on my second 95' XLT as of now with 199k and still running strond,,, my third choice would be a V8 Mounty for a decent price and do a BW manual transfer case swap w/ suspension/body lift, big tires, rock wheels, racks, snorkels, guards front and rear, winch, cb's blah blah blah, there is actually one for sale right down the road from me she makes my 95' so jealous everytime we ride buy lol i want her so bad but i have know dough right now :( oh it's a stock one though i mean

ive only purchased one brand new vech in my life an ill never do so agian if they still made a 2 door sport id thk about it . if that 2 door hummer comes out id look that over first hey some one give me 30 grand so i can go look ?? :)))

I would definitely get another one, Would more than likely get another 2nd gen (because of insurance reasons). Love the explorers not likely to get a 3rd gen but would maybe consider it after taking it for an off-road test

yea id get another on, going to look at one this weekend, everything just seems to be going wrong on my 91 now though, soo ill get another 91 haha

yea id get another on, going to look at one this weekend, everything just seems to be going wrong on my 91 now though, soo ill get another 91 haha
not to get off subject but there's one in Lancaster thats lifted for $1500 get on craigslist.org you'll see it

i would for sure, and being that mine got handed down to me i would know what i would want on my next X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After owning two first gen's ('92 & '94) and one second gen ('01), I would definitely buy another first gen, but most likely not another second or 3rd gen. I just don't think the newer ones are built as well as the first gen's. When we were in the market to replace our '01 Explorer, we test drove an '05 Explorer and then an '05 F-150. We went with the F-150. Better ride, quieter, more power, more room, better constructed...etc.

BTW, added a third choice :)

My thoughts exactly... I've had a 91, 92, 94, and a 97 and would only get another 1st Gen for my purposes. It would also have to be a 5 speed... I'm tired of transmission problems.

Back