Would you like aluminum or plastic? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would you like aluminum or plastic?

tacmed 38569

Reaction score
City, State
Mt Juliet, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Police Intercep
I own a 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility that has an aluminum intake manifold. All the information I can find online refers to plastic upper/lower plenums. I need to find and replace the low side fuel pressure sensor and what I can see I is, well...don't if it's what I'm looking for. There appears to be a sensor tucked under the leading edge (passenger side) of the intake that threads into the end of the fuel rail. But I'm not sure. Can anyone here offer some guidance before I wreck something unnecessarily? Please?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to say, Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I'm not sure if the 3.7 had an aluminum intake, I don't think it did, but normally the aluminum intake manifold is found on the 3.5 Ecoboost. In which case the low side fuel pressure sensor is on the lines back near/above the tank.

I'm not sure if the 3.7 had an aluminum intake, I don't think it did, but normally the aluminum intake manifold is found on the 3.5 Ecoboost. In which case the low side fuel pressure sensor is on the lines back near/above the tank.
Thanks. I'll look there. I thought I had found it here on the fuel rail inside the front of the intake. Maybe not. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks. I'll look there. I thought I had found it here on the fuel rail inside the front of the intake. Maybe not. 🤷‍♂️
If it's the 3.5 turbo that's the high pressure side, and it will be like 2000 psi so you don't want to take it off without checking for service procedures to do it safely first.

Back