Wow.. BFgoodrich are good.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wow.. BFgoodrich are good..

Ok here's my story.. But it wasn't me that got stuck.
What happened was a friend of mine went offroading at night and got stuck turning around. The frame was hung up and considering the temperature was about -5 degrees he didnt stick around long and called me up. Now here's the funniest part of the story. My friend insisted on tagging along with his vw gti instead of riding with me. So we got to the trail and I put myself into position to try to pull him out. The towrope snapped and considering we were all really cold and not well prepared. Note: This happened at 5 A.m. So we called it a night. My friend tried to turn around in his gti and he got stuck. Good grief.. He said his winter tires will never get him stuck. Well he got stuck. There's about 14 inchs of snow on the ground. So i yanked him out without any problem and basically dragged his car to the road. The next day, we call up his friend with a tahoe and no such luck. The tahoe didn't have good grip. So we went back to my friend's apartment and went next door to wake up my other friend with a cherokee on 33s. We all went down there and my friend with the cherokee tried to pull him out. The dakota didnt even budge. So we decided to have both my ex and the cherokee pull at the same time. It took about 3 tries and we yanked it right out. But what i was surprised about was the bite on my all terrains ko. It was an interesting rescue since its so friggin cold lol :eek:
Man, I love my tires! Sorry no pics heh..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's funny

Jessie

I know there are a few people on there that don't like the BFG's, but I think they are great on the snow!! Best tire I've ever had for snow.

They are not bad if you keep your foot off the floor.

So far my BFG's are great. I love em to.

i like my bfgs too... i would go with the mud terrains next time though.... the ats i have didnt last long, but i have -3 degrees of camber on each side..... and drive like a maniac, i used to just spin the rears ocassionally too

I got 78000 miles out of my set of BFG AT, They were full of plugs and showing threads. Tech a Les Schwab had a good laugh swapping them out!

Dont take offense to this, but i was checking out the bf goodrich website and there is a recall on tires made in, i believe April of this year. Something to do with the thread seperating. Check out their website, maybe you guys can get some new tires. :p

agoric875 said:
Dont take offense to this, but i was checking out the bf goodrich website and there is a recall on tires made in, i believe April of this year. Something to do with the thread seperating. Check out their website, maybe you guys can get some new tires. :p

I'm waiting for them to recall the 30s :D I need new ones. I find them good if you're actually going to use them offroad. If you don't, then they are not worth the noise and the ride quality that they produce. I won't be going with a set. I have 30k on mine and they are worn pretty bad. One has no tread left on the one side due to bad ball joints, but thats not the tires fault.

agoric875 said:
Since the bad tires were made this April and this thread is from LAST winter I dont think they qualify.

opps!, my bad, your right! they dont quality. i'm going to crawl into a hole now. :rolleyes:

lol

Yeah I LOVE my bfg at's these things are amazing in snow rain mud best all around tire I have ever used and they look good too ;)

yea i really like my all terrains. but yea.. you do have to keep them moving so they can keep cleaning themselves. -TJ

you know what i have found though... BFG is price gouging. You can buy the Pathfinder ATR for 400 for a set of 4 35x12.50's. They are the exact same tread patter with one differnce.. the outside ring of lugs was not grooved so you have larger tread blocks on the outside and inside edge of the tire. Still no problems out of them, thicker sidewalls, and i think they grip better on the trails i have run.

nissanboy- where did you get the pathfinder ATR's from?

I got em from a local shop.... Ken Wagners Tire Center.

just do a google search for Pathfinder ATR and im sure youll get some dealers.

agoric875 said:

Could this be "Firestone" all over again, except all kinds of 4x4s instead of just the explorer?

Back