WOW! well here it goes 1997 v-8 AWD | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WOW! well here it goes 1997 v-8 AWD

so here is my ride. I've done alot to it and it may not look alot like most but it is coming along slowly.

explorerpics069.jpg

sitting with my old ride when I first got it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The air tanks that you buy in stores are blue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice job on the bracket.

I saw those yellow/greenish foam pads and I'm curious now...do you have an interior roll cage?

Stealth Lurker coming out here ;)

yea!
there are a few of us who are building our trucks slowly because of money and time.

it always seems that when I have the money I have no time. and when I have time i have no money.

I know this to be very true

since all my projects have been at a stand still for months and some even years now :(

no!
that's my sound system!

DSCN2357.jpg

I hear ya Cybergasm! my major projects are on hold for the most part because I have no money to move them further onto the truck.

but these little projects that take almost no money I'm trying to get done while I can.

I have to say, Lounge....you have the most eclectic truck I've ever seen ;p.

here is the air tank painted.

DSCN2590.jpg

the air fittings and pressure relief valve installed.

DSCN2591.jpg

the tank installed on the truck.

DSCN2596.jpg

DSCN2594.jpg

I have plastic fittings and tubing that is rated 150 P.S.I. to run air to the compressor and lines to the front and back of the truck.

the fittings and tubing are also rated UV94 which means they will last a long time out in the weather.

still at it........

got the chance today to run some of the air lines to the tank.

ran the front and rear lines and got them in place. just need connectors on the ends and mounted.

still need to run the compressor line.

DSCN2597.jpg
:p:

air fittings installed.......

got the air fittings installed on the truck.

the back fitting is up on the bumper and higher than the hitch. so it should be well protected.
but it will never be fully protected.

DSCN2598.jpg

the front bumper fitting is installed. but I'm not sure it will be staying here. so we will see in the future.

DSCN2599.jpg

this fitting also has a tee fitting behind it so I can run air to my solenoid valve for the air horns:thumbsup:

Back