XLT 200A or 202A | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT 200A or 202A

I got the first year 2011 and it was ordered in December 2010. Now I have the Aviator on a first year platform. The 2011 was a great vehicle and so far the Aviator has been as well. While many people agree with your thought, the subsequent model years of the Explorer had as many issues or more than the first year according to posts in the Forum.

Peter
Peter, good facts. I have had two early build first-year cars, one was horrible and I got rid of it after two years. the other had a rash of problems the first few months (mostly nits, paint, rattles, misfit panels, etc..), but after that has been rock solid and a great car. Working in the Software Industry, I feel we have contaminated the rest of the world, in showing that you can ship issues and fix them later...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter, my favorite car I ever owned was a 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature L (longer wheel base than standard). Cream ext/int

What a fantastic car. Huge, comfy, quiet. I sold it with 200k, and doubt I had 1k in repairs over it's life. If I could go back, I would have kept and restored that car. My 18 fusion sport was the replacement for that car, but I don't use the speed, and just don't love the car the same way as I did the Lincoln. I will be trading it on whatever comes next.

2021 Carbonized Gray XLT 202A with tow package

IMG_20210211_185334157~2.jpg

IMG_20210211_185356800~2.jpg

IMG_20210211_185418644.jpg

IMG_20210211_185445088.jpg

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Very nice.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'm a fan so far, with 40 miles on it. I'm probably not really going to drive it until it's fluid filmed, hopefully Monday.

Anyone else with the XLT, the illuminated phone cubby below the touchscreen, is that supposed to dim with everything else? Mine doesn't and is a little distracting at night. The speedo/tach also seem to stay fairly bright.

Impressed with the 10 speed. 2000rpm at 83 is pretty cool.

Thanks Peter. I'm a fan so far, with 40 miles on it. I'm probably not really going to drive it until it's fluid filmed, hopefully Monday.

Anyone else with the XLT, the illuminated phone cubby below the touchscreen, is that supposed to dim with everything else? Mine doesn't and is a little distracting at night. The speedo/tach also seem to stay fairly bright.

Impressed with the 10 speed. 2000rpm at 83 is pretty cool.
I just found the buttons to dim the instrument cluster lighting a few weeks ago. I think they are push buttons located next to the rotary headlight control. I turned down the brightness after driving it for about 10k miles! Much better.

Back