Xs running Perry's Front and Rear? Tips & Pics? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xs running Perry's Front and Rear? Tips & Pics?

Any 2nd Gen Xs running Perry's Front and Rear?

Doing the SAS and going 35s the stock fender flares had to be removed. I have some damage on teh rear fender driverside that can be fixed with some bondo, but I am trying to figure out the rest. I have a portion in the rear that must be trimmed and cannot find any flares that will work with a 2 door second gen especially one with larger openings. So I started thinking about Perry's. Saves me the time of fill welding all my holes and fixing the dents. Need a paint job anyways. This wouldn't be for several months, but if I can do it (if I like the way it looks) and if once the rears are on it is seemless, I may go this route.

But i would like to see some pics. Especially of a second gen 2 door if there are any. I email perry's to see if they have any, but in the mean time I thought I would check here too. Lets see them!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering about that, I saw those pics. That wouldn't be too hard to do. Might email him and see how much dificulty he had installing them. I am wondering if there are any seems and if so if they can be covered easily with glass or bondo. Your fronts look good and seemless. I am jst thinking this might be my best alternative to fender flares and provide a very unique look????

Thanks. I'l email Tom.

On the Sport, the only seams are around the edges of the panel where it meets the metal body, it's all one piece per side. On the 4doors, there are 2 skins: one for the quarterpanel and one for the door.

think they would be easy to "clean up"?

For a pro, yes. For a goober like me, no.

well I have a buddy that has done tons of body work and is quite good. Doesn't enjoy it too much anymore but for some beer he'd be here to do it. But here is what I am dealing with. I want the tires to stick out some to keep the body out of trouble but this is a bit far for my tastes.... and you can't see it in this pic, but the rear of the fender would get tore up by the tires under compression.

Attachments

• dsc00017.jpg
    dsc00017.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 194

The Perry's would work well.

hmmm more money to spend.....:( oh well the body work is several months down the road, I am just a planner and like to know ahead of time what direction I am going.

EDIT: by several months I mean probably the fall.

Back