Y-Pipe/Inlet Pipe | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FluffyDragon

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999, Explorer, Sport, 2D
So I have a 99 explorer sport, 2dr, OHV V6. Cats got stolen, left my o2 sensors and the flanges (Thankfully) Need the Y-Pipe/inlet pipe part number. I've Google it, checked several part numbers but it keeps coming up to the SOHC version and I've read it doesnt work. I have ford oem part number

(F87Z-5246-BA) (1999 ford Explorer Pipe. Exhaust. Inlet. Intermediate. (Front) - F87Z5246BA | Lakeland Ford Online Parts, Lakeland FL)​

But it's saying it's obsolete and I can't get it to cross without going to the SOHC version. I kinda weld. Shops are to expensive here because new law passed so Noone can just straight pipe it anymore. Looking for bolt-on since I still have my flanges. Anyone point me into the right direction?

Other than a junkyard, a Ford Dealership Parts Dept. to put out a request within their parts chain/other dealerships to find one sitting on the shelf.

Other then that, fabricating a new one and (possibly) having to get a waiver from OK DMV (or whoever takes care of your SMOG issues).

Here in the PRK we'd go to CARB and they would assist.

HTH -

Back