• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Yomies D30 SAS

Hey everyone, finally decided to post my results here.

My setup includes:

1995 High Pinion D30
Spring hangers and drag link(3/4" heims) by CRL Customs
1979 Jeep Grand wagoneer stock leaf springs
1993 Explorer steering box
Rubicon Express RE1550 22" long brake lines (bolted right up to hard lines)
Rancho RS 5036 front shocks

SOA in the rear

there are more pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/223222/2

223222_153_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xploder
That is very helpful I was just going to use the yj springs and do a soa but after reading this thread and others I think I will wait and either get the 7 leaf waggy springs or maybe try the yota springs.....Actually I think I have a set of 4runner rear springs I will measure them and see if I can use them.

Thanks Again Toad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mcollier89

Reaction score
City, State
Turner, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger 35's locked
what did you use for steering ..... high steer? i am currently undergoing a solid axle swap on my 2000 ranger and would like some tips

offroadinjun74

Reaction score
City, State
paradis LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mazda b3000
hey nice ride i wanted to ask did you change out the torsion bar set up along with the rack an pinion

David89

Reaction score
City, State
Libertyville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I live in Biloxi, near the mall. I work for a contractor on keesler....small world, if you ever head down here again, lemme know!

I am running a sway bar, my shackles are 6" long and my castor seems to be at around 9.5*. I ordered some 4" straight shackles and some 4.75" 'dog legs' gonna see if they help at all.

I got the 'death wobble', violent shaking, occasionally @35 with my 33's, it didn't get worse with the 36's just stayed the same. were trying to figure it out piece by piece, but the shop recommended trying a trac bar.

The tires wondering doesn't really bother me, its the occasional death wobble that i'm getting frustrated with. Theres a guy here with a YJ SOA'd thats fighting the same battle

My 99 explorer with 4 in superlift and 33.7x12.5 does that now. At around 40-47 mph, as well as when braking at 15 mph my truck shakes very violent.

william hurley

Reaction score
City, State
manahawkin nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 mercury mountaineer
how long about did it take you to perform sas