D30 sas/soa | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

D30 sas/soa

So as it sits, my plan is to grab a D30 HP out of a 97-99 Cherokee and go with the SOA for the rear for my 2000 Limited 5.0. I figure 5.5" lift coils from Rusty's should put it close to the SOA. What's the best route to go as far as steering linkage and a box? Also, what about ABS, has anyone retained it after the swap? What about the swaybar? It might sound corny and unnecessary to some but I'd like to retain them if possible.

Also, I've seen some nice Superlift brackets that not only give you a spring perch but also a shock mount, where can I find a pair of these? I really like the idea since it kills two birds with one stone but I'm okay with welding my own on if need be.

This is my DD as it stands so I'm not looking to go overboard.

Check out my registry from about March/April 2014.

I had 5.5" lift XJ coils from Rubicon Express. I found them too soft. I just swapped to some 7.5" ZJ coils from Iron Rock Offroad (after I trimmed 2 coils) and it's MUCH nicer.

Check out my registry from about March/April 2014.

I had 5.5" lift XJ coils from Rubicon Express. I found them too soft. I just swapped to some 7.5" ZJ coils from Iron Rock Offroad (after I trimmed 2 coils) and it's MUCH nicer.

Is your truck a V8?

Bumping my old thread as I'm starting to try and nail down a plan. I'm on the fence between going with the Superlift kit with coil overs and staying IFS or going SOA with a Dana 30 in the front. Any input? The truck is mainly a DD but I do wheels it a bit here and there.

Back