Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I literally just joined this site about 30 minutes ago & already love it. I love the ZAPV crew--y'all are awesome! How many members are there total of ZAPV crew anyway? It's nice to know other people think about this kinda stuff besides me.

P.S- Am I the only chick who thinks this thread is BA?

First of all, welcome to the site! There is a great group of people here, and not just in the ZAPV crew.

Honestly I lost track of how many members there are. and Nobadyspecial is right there are a ton of great people here. You live just north of the ZAPV right now (colorado spings) its down in Alamosa CO. Have a look around the site Im sure you will like it as much as I have.:D

whats up everyone! the ZAPV crew is such an awesome idea! i got an 04 4x4 eddie bauer, wondering if i could join in on the ZAPV crew?

The local CDC in my home town was doing a "emergency plan expo" and they asked if my ZAPV could be there with the other emergency vehicles. The even had some people in fake blood for a mass casualty and had them pose as zombies around my car for the paper :D

MCD04EB: In the bottom of the first post it talks about becoming a member.

Zombies!

I would love to see that picture!
Any chances you have a copy of it?

ask and you shall receive...

Attachments

• DSC_9017.JPG
    DSC_9017.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,126
  • DSC_9015.JPG
    DSC_9015.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,090

Zombies!

That Picture is great!
Everyone must have had a blast getting all zombied up for the photo!
Thanks for posting it.

What kind of bedliner did you use? Do you have to spray it through a gun of some sort or can you go an buy it in a can? I have a mountie and I wanna paint the bootom half in bedliner.

I used roll on herculiner:
706d10af.jpg

You all need to step it up a notch! Here's my F150. Just got my explorer so I haven't cut into it yet. Key word there is yet. Great looking trucks and I've got the herculiner waiting to be put on in the garage. :salute:

IMG_1083%20%28Medium%29.gif

You all need to step it up a notch! Here's my F150. Just got my explorer so I haven't cut into it yet. Key word there is yet. Great looking trucks and I've got the herculiner waiting to be put on in the garage. :salute:

Nice looking F-150 Impact. Looks ready to run over a few squishy human like objects.

That is one bad ass sum *****.

i need more pics!!!

is ZAPV 30 taken? if not, it shall be mine!

Haven't been on this thread in a while... where are yall getting the stickers?

Back