Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 61 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is this ridiculous thread. Are you people crazy, a zombie apocalypse will never happen. Buuut..... If you guys could be kind enough I'd like to get a number.... Maybe 17 if available? There's enough crazy people in Florida that they could be zombies now lol.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

What is this ridiculous thread. Are you people crazy, a zombie apocalypse will never happen.

Hey, we all know that there is no such thing as fast zombies like in 28 Days Later.

As for the rest of them though. I think there is a far better chance of a zombie apocalypse coming than there is for a politician to actually do his job effectively and efficiently, and not just be out to line his own pockets, and we keep electing more of them... so who are the crazy ones?

OK so I have this zombie in the back yard and I have shot it a few times in the arms and legs. You know doing some experimenting with it. He is chained to my deck. I have heard shooting them in the head puts them down. So I have always avoided that till last night. I popped him with my 50 cal desert eagle and wouldn't you know it his head exploded. It went everywhere. Man just crazy stuff you know. I would have posted a photo or posted this last night but man thoughs little buggers are a pain to clean up. Took a whole package of towels and two, count em two garbage cans full. I hope that waste management take these cans on pickup day. How about you what is your experience.

Dear Lord... I have been on this forum for years and am just now finding this thread!? I am going to feel right at home here :D

EDIT:

What do I gotta do to earn the number 40!?

DSC07238.jpg

Hey, what about a new category...ZAP... Well, boat. We all know zombies can't swim, so I may just head to sea!

ZAPB is already taken for bus... What should we call it? I've got #1 of it though!

my gf and I decided we are taking over bass pro shops, boarding up the windows and setting up shop. All the guns we want. Food, clothes, supplies, even fish living in the streams inside. Could be set there for a while. Set up a sniper post in the high windows and just pick em off outside.

There is even a restaurant/bar in there. Even have been and liquor!

That's a good call!

I'd go with ZAPS ...ship. But if starship troopers taught me anything they (the opponents ...bugs in the movie) will pile up because you kill them in the same place soon enough the land area would expand. I hope that makes sense.

Hey, we all know that there is no such thing as fast zombies like in 28 Days Later.

As for the rest of them though. I think there is a far better chance of a zombie apocalypse coming than there is for a politician to actually do his job effectively and efficiently, and not just be out to line his own pockets, and we keep electing more of them... so who are the crazy ones?

Lol I meant it as a joke, I forgot I can post smiles on my phone for some odd reason, and i will agree with you on the politician part hahaha

So I'm sorry to joke about this serious matter... A zombie apocalypse.

sweet. My boat is zaps 1. I like it.

ZAPS 1!

Im interested too. I think this is a cool idea but I have a white truck as well. What are the rules and regs of ZAPV? What role could I play in the team with my truck, or would it be based on my skills too? (soon to be lowered 2 inches) Sorry if it has been asked already as Im sure it has.

Not sure a lowered truck would be much value when it comes to fighting zombies. You couldn't even run em over!

Lower with large tires equals more stability add speed and a cow catcher amd u habe a great messenger service once all phones die

I'd like to take ZAPV 329

This is the most updated pic i have but i need to get a better one.
2012-09-22_15-10-06_829_zps5ad1de3f.jpg

holy christ this is a lot of numbers for me to get down in one day haha

Not sure a lowered truck would be much value when it comes to fighting zombies. You couldn't even run em over!

Lower with large tires equals more stability add speed and a cow catcher amd u habe a great messenger service once all phones die

I am only going lower to improve mpg's. And the difference in stance might make it look cool but that is not why I am doing it :l necesarily (?)

I am keeping the tires that are on it, just going down a little bit. Wouldnt gas milage be a factor in a world with -possably- no gas pumps? And, if I might add, apperantly it moves very well :D (for what it is)
I agree with the "cow catcher" but Im not sure I want to do that - unless needed for the times

You guys wouldnt even want to see what I would do if times called for it lol

Ok so I've added:

J_Train at 17
interscope8 at 40
Kevlar7R as a boat
Dukes193 at 329

Forgot to share the day I got my Zombie. I used my other Explorer during a siege at a local diner. After shooting a few I thought that the best way to kill most was to drive through the sea of zombies that were in front of me. This is also the day I captured my pet zombie that I have now killed. Here are the photos of my drive thru.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1025333647876.4772.1661322486&type=3

Thank you for the number now to make my truck tougher.

srry coumpter has been down lot to read lol.let me update my info. zapv 313 tulsa ok ; military driver / fuel ops /concrete work / out of box thinker /lots of skills master of none lol / ill upload some new pics later clearing out of the army right now.

Back