• Register Today It's free!

Internal RollCage!!

oso_polar

Reaction score
City, State
Caracas, Venezuela
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport
I've been away for a while! But I'm back, the same old 99sport, the same old oso_polar! Now with a new Internal RollCage and some pics...

This cage was on another explorer but my friend sold it and I got it for a good price! It's not bolt on yet but tomorrow I'll go to a shop to ask for that work, now I'm a dentist and I can't afford to hurt my hands!:fire: :fire: ;)

Pics...
bAQ5H33Y8QWSYIf8fCFGnGWsYqtfBTogSvJ-D94zKJCpLb_WNA.jpg

I_2Mb2lWakll-MSkPNtiHol9I8o3pAU7caQAvA8YW4ikHgtQrI.jpg

2P51YBKixs8NYCmv1Acae_yUzHcLiiNwbOb7w4eCj5iAUXBzbv.jpg

qPS928iWx3_IagLnn6eiEu4eYJxzME7jzUvdkuvpb254MgqIVI.jpg

My friend also had a exo cage, but it was torn apart after he sold the X so I couldn't buy it, here is a pic of it:

VMJ0Xei_gl40U0HN4fVmhGOYlbNamA_4xloIk-VCV8sckKl-2d.jpg

If it were were my design, personally I would have added a third arch in the middle, I think it is more like an internal organizer, but I like it! more pics soon!

Glad to be back...:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dang that int.cage is tight to the body!
how did they get full welds?

looks bolted together. i dont know if i would trust a bolted cage

was that a kit mad for an ex? who makes it? looks good.:thumbsup:

dang that int.cage is tight to the body!
how did they get full welds?

The way that it looks like it slides together the welds can be done outside the truck. Note the horizontal supports.

looks good.....how about a full pic of your truck?

The cage was welded outside the truck then mounted inside, it has two arch and two horizontal bars. maybe I will add some more later... remember I didn't design it, it was already built when I bought it, that's why I said before Now it's more like an internal organizer... FOR NOW!;) some mods are coming...

jV7xq6ND5DNZv42n84EGlzNagdw75-GnMcopcwNpbFSKZZsnj4.jpg

No more 285/75 MTRs now I have some 265/75 GoodYear ATs...:mad:

Not Bolted yet

Xbu7Rhmfo_XWqgozdaeSsV6pW7R0DRZpUiyjMsIKWUgosDg0kQ.jpg

uk3ur3dT5anbxq8uRWh_FrCl_tsOxz0SefOrBwSDuTkhn8IZWQ.jpg

That will be bolt to a custom plate then I'll have to figure out how to connect it to the frame somehow.

PICT5515.jpg

Something like this might help. Just bolt that top plate to bottom plate.
Looks really good. A roof rack would complement that nice looking Sport.

yes! that would be the best way to do it. imho.

Needs a halo bar/whatever the one that goes across the top of the windshield is called. I would add some triangulation as well. Like a big X directly behind the front seats. Plus that will give you a spot to attach harnesses in the future.

hey so im planning on building a cage myself can you put up som picks of what the setup is like by the front fuse box i have a 98 4dr so mine is a tad bigger

I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never.

A triangle is the strongest geometric shape, and it appears your cage has none. An "X" behind the front seats will prevent the cage from being mushed to one side in that area. Even one diagonal bar would be sufficient. Adding in a harness bar would also give you a correct mounting location for harnesses, provided they are mounted correctly.

Where your under-body supports connect to the frame, you should have the frame plated with 1/8" at LEAST. The wall thickness of the stock frame is not thick enough to take such a force on a small area.

The cage looks good, just needs a few touch ups to make it serve it's purpose.

hey so im planning on building a cage myself can you put up som picks of what the setup is like by the front fuse box i have a 98 4dr so mine is a tad bigger

There is a thread somewhere from a 2006 or 2007 when we had a cage building party. We built 3 four door, 1 Ranger, and a zuk cage in one weekend. we then welded in ourselves later.

stico if you could help me draw up some designs do u know some one that would help me weld one together or something of the sorts that would be great and BTW i love ur college humor vid

Roll cage

Is there a company that makes a roll cage for a explorer

Is there a company that makes a roll cage for a explorer

I am researching this now. I know i saw a company that sold a prebent kit a few years ago. Trying to find it again. It was a crude website, I remember that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back