Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

Discussion in 'WHOOPS!!' started by Diff Whack Daddy, July 21, 2003.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. JoshC

JoshC Only rolled it once honey

City, State:
      Culloden, WV
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      97 4d OHV
      Got a question for you fello roll overies, mine was on it's top for about 15 minutes, it was running until i turned it off. The guys i was with told me to not even try turning it over with out pulling my plugs and blowing all the oil and what ever else out. Oil did run out my intake, so i've gotta take that apart, but should i have to pull the plugs?

I pulled them anyways and tried to crank it but it didn't crank, it just sounded like a someone turning a fan on or something, like the starter was just spinning really fast, i've never heard one make a sound like that before. I don't see what it wouldn't crank, right?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. JDraper

JDraper Somewhat Functional Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      McVeytown, PA
      '11 XLT
      Sounds like the bendix on the starter is jammed. Try putting a breaker bar on the crank bolt and turn the motor by hand to verify that nothing else is busted. I'd bet it's just the starter.

Since it was running while on it's lid and you shut it down, the motor should be fine. Our '92 sat on it's side for the better part of 2 hours, and it fired right up after I re-filled the crankcase (never did pull the plugs). Ran rough and tossed codes for a little while until I got all the oil out of the MAF, intake and other areas that it didn't belong in. Motor ended up in BigCheck's truck continued to run fine.

4. JoshC

City, State:
      Culloden, WV
      97 4d OHV
      Well it was oil out the intake, just from the vent to the oil fill, so that's good. I did take the MAF out and cleaned it as best i could.

I tried to start it again and i listened good this time, i can hear the bendix jump out and then the fan noise starts, i guess that maybe the benix may not be jumping far enough i don't know. But i could smell gas where the plug are out, so that's good i guess. The plugs didn't have oil or anything on them, so my guess is that the motor is fine, only damage was a loss of oil from the oil fill hose, crap that was good Mobile 1 syn too, lol.

5. JoshC

City, State:
      Culloden, WV
      97 4d OHV
      I'd say your right Jeff, i just turned the crank with no problem and as soon as i moved it i heard the bendix kind of let go of the fly wheel, so look like i'll be taking that baby off.

6. 1997XLTRollover

1997XLTRollover Well-Known Member

1996 AWD 5.0
      ok guys well I don't know how well i fit into this but here it goes, had my X out at 12:30am screwing around in some gravel then went back onto the road and took the turn a little wide and in the grass so my lazy ass didn't have to make a U turn. Well apparently i should watch where im going, there was a 2-3 foot deep hole for a drainage pipe the my front right wheel sunk into. Well over she went as slow as a truck has rolled in the history of cars. Air bags went off when it hit even though i was going 5mph. Then it just rolled so slow I thought it was over when i landed upside down, then it finally started to roll again and proceeded down the embankment over 2 full times and landed on its wheels still running. Well... it was also full of crap and there was stuff falling all over oh, and this included blades for my moms food processor, so there flying around along with pool balls and a ton of boxes of stuff i was supposed to go drop off the next day. So lets sum this up, 5mph, hole, airbags to the face (nice and bloody), 2 full slow rolls with flying pool balls boxes and sharp blades, lands on wheels still running, horn stuck on at 12:30am... totaled.:roll:

After i got it towed outta the huge hole and back to my house, windshield is shattered and the roof is crushed down even though it doesn't look like it:
      [​IMG]

7. JoshC

City, State:
      Culloden, WV
      97 4d OHV
      Geez mine had more damage (just by looking) just rolling over on the top then you did rolling twice, just my luck! Glad you were able to get on and type it out to us :D

8. 1997XLTRollover

1997XLTRollover Well-Known Member

1996 AWD 5.0
      yeah it was such a slow roll it was ridiculous, the roof did crush in over my head that pic makes the thing look great, I couldn't open my door and had to get out the pass. side, the whole truck buckled both of the drivers side doors buckled out. Oh i forgot to tell everyone I had a plastic roll cage installed thats probably what kept the roof from caving in:rolleyes:

9. JStrider

JStrider Active Member

City, State:
      North Houston, TX
      *RIP* 1993 XLT 4dr 4x4
    10. JDraper

JDraper Somewhat Functional Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      McVeytown, PA
      '11 XLT
      I'd say membership accepted :roll:

11. celly

celly disturber of the peace Elite Explorer

City, State:
      calgary
      99 eb 5.0 awd
      Not sure if any of you remember Brian B (I think that was his handle). He drove a gold 2nd gen w/ SOHC. From Arkansas. He sort of faded away after he scored that 50's vintage (60's?) Ford pickup, red. Anyhow, I just found out via Facebook that he rolled his truck. He needed some surgery to fix an injured arm. He's replaced it with a Mounty like Don has, and also like turdle's son. 4.0 though.

I've tried to get him to come over here and post some pics. I've seen them. Not purdy. Once again, someone gets into trouble in their 2nd gen and walks away to talk about it.

12. junkYARDbuilt

junkYARDbuilt Active Member

City, State:
      Lawrence, MA
      '94 XLT
      Never rolled the ex. (knock on wood) I was in a Mitsubishi Pick up that rolled down the sand dunes in Feb. 3 complete rolls back onto the wheels, drove it home totaled. My old man was driving that day :)
      I flipped a pathfinder on its side at the junk yard. Drivers side down, after the crash i couldnt find the screw driver i used to start it with in the first place so i left it running like that to get another screwdriver. I climbed over the undercarage (thank god I remembered to put it in park cause of the drive shaft) only to find no exterior door handles. smashed the windows, jumped down into it and shut it off. I still got another 3 days of beating that thing before SOMEONE ran over an x-ray machine and tore out the oil pan. I'm not looking for a nomination because i didn't roll the Ex (the wood again), just thought I'd share:p:

13. pauley

pauley Active Member

City, State:
      Madison, Wisconsin
      93 xlt
      this is horrible i hope to god i never have to list myself here but if i do i hope it is at least fun.... oh and has a good story to go with it.

14. hoss_hanna

hoss_hanna Active Member

City, State:
      ft. smith, ar
      91 4x4, 93 XL, 01 mountie
      This is after some paint, the mirror, cargo glass and rear bumper have been replaced.
      sorry i dont have any pics before the repairs

[​IMG]

Going up an embankment got sideways and laid her over on the pass side.

15. BigDakota

BigDakota Active Member

City, State:
      Bismarck ND
      95 Sport
      Bummer on the dents but it looks good in military green. :D

16. hoss_hanna

hoss_hanna Active Member

City, State:
      ft. smith, ar
      91 4x4, 93 XL, 01 mountie
      its my toy so i expect quite a few more dents :) gonna paint the rims black soon, its also my zombie squad BOV. official zs #5504

17. Ji !!

Ji !! New Member

City, State:
      Antelope. CA
      91 xlt r.i.p. 99tj
      What!! Tom is a life time member . He was there to roll you back over .I seem to recall a NightRun .So new members are ok but Keven and Tom are life timer's no matter what they drive.

Last edited: July 27, 2010
    18. Diff Whack Daddy

Diff Whack Daddy And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Mount Vernon, WA
      1st Gen XLT 4dr
      Callsign:
      KG7VTT
      Holy crap, good to hear from you Ji. I haven't seen you arround these parts for quite some time.

19. Maniak

Maniak Moderator-Stock 91-94 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Vail, Arizona
      1992 XLT 4x4
      Where's the official list of members? I was wondering if DB1 was already a member and couldn't find the list... I could have sworn I saw one one time.

~Mark

20. bk99sport

bk99sport New Member

City, State:
      NY
      99 EXPLORE SPORT
      Thanks ,rolled and totaled

That didn't last long 11/20/11/ 5:00 pm :roll: :( no injury 'cept for the Explorer

Last edited by a moderator: November 23, 2010
    21. YountExplr

YountExplr Active Member

City, State:
      Chino Valley, AZ
      '97 XL
      Never thought id be here nominating myself, but here I am. :D Rolled it last night, I looked to see what time it was, then a curve in the road kinda ruined my night. Im fine, got out with barely any scratches and the truck is in pretty good shape considering. Sorry I didnt get more pictures, but I was a little more concerned about getting it flipped back up and driving it back to the house. So far the damage includes front fender, both doors, mirror, rocker panel, and a headlight. There are also some dents in the back fender and one up towards the roof in the back. No broken glass! suprisingly and im going to look at the suspension tomorrow.

[​IMG] :roll:

[​IMG]

So does this qualify?

22. techieman33

techieman33 Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Topeka, KS
      00 V8 Mountaineer
      needs to be on the roof, you just laid over didn't roll over.

23. YountExplr

YountExplr Active Member

City, State:
      Chino Valley, AZ
      '97 XL
      I disagree. That is nowhere stated in the rules and half of the trucks on here have only been flops.

24. Diff Whack Daddy

Diff Whack Daddy And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Mount Vernon, WA
      1st Gen XLT 4dr
      Callsign:
      KG7VTT
      Yep, flops count. You just can't be a board member of the posse unless you went at least 1/2 roll (on the roof). However, you can count two flops (1/4 roll) for a total of 1/2.

25. YountExplr

YountExplr Active Member

City, State:
      Chino Valley, AZ
      '97 XL
      ah, well I guess I'm half way there then...:D oh well I guess ill have to wait a few more years then. Definately not looking forward to rolling it again. :rolleyes:

26. dan_ill

dan_ill Active Member

City, State:
      Northridge,CA
      '04 Sport Trac
      yeah im down to three wheels; I'm looking forward to the day i join this elite group.