44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Who's in? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Who's in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jefe said:
John and I will likely be getting in late, late, late friday night.
some of us have to work for a living

Brother_of_Jefe said:
some of us have to work for a living

I guess getting old does have some advantages :D

I'll be there Fri. afternoon most likely without the Ranger but we'll see what I can get done this weekend :rolleyes:

Im out. Dont have the new gas tank in yet. I have to work tommorow :fire: so I cant work on it till next weekend. This work thing is starting to suck it is gatting in the way of my truck and wheeling trips. :rolleyes:

RockRanger said:
Im out. Dont have the new gas tank in yet. I have to work tommorow :fire: so I cant work on it till next weekend. This work thing is starting to suck it is gatting in the way of my truck and wheeling trips. :rolleyes:
Just come out for a day then, and ride shotgun with someone.

Trying to get the ranger back together. I want to get the doubler installed and do a run or two with it before the moab trip. MAybe I can get a day off work this week and get it done and head out. 95% sure I wont be heading out though.

RockRanger said:
Trying to get the ranger back together. I want to get the doubler installed and do a run or two with it before the moab trip. MAybe I can get a day off work this week and get it done and head out. 95% sure I wont be heading out though.

That still leaves a 5% :D :thumbsup:

Tom, how are you getting both the RV and the Navajo out there?

RangerX said:
Tom, how are you getting both the RV and the Navajo out there?
I think he is coming out with Paul B. Paul is bringing his RV and Tom is bringing his Navajo.

BKennedy said:
I think he is coming out with Paul B. Paul is bringing his RV and Tom is bringing his Navajo.

Yep. Thank you Officer K. I havn't had time to set up the Navajo yet for towing. I'm thinking of buying a car dolly. That way I don't have to make any custom brackets to tow or add brakes. Just can't find one wide enough to fit the navajo. Tire bulge to tire bulge in front is 80 inches. The widest I've found so far is 72. :(

HUGE rainstorm forecasted for tomorrow down there. This is going to make the whole place "interesting"

:p

tdavis said:
HUGE rainstorm forecasted for tomorrow down there. This is going to make the whole place "interesting"
It sure made the drive home from Huntington Beach tonight "interesting". :rolleyes:

We had very light rain out here last night, nothing significant. Everything west and north of here got the brunt of the storm. There was mention of rain Fri too so we'll see what happens :rolleyes:

DB_1 said:
We had very light rain out here last night, nothing significant. Everything west and north of here got the brunt of the storm. There was mention of rain Fri too so we'll see what happens :rolleyes:
We got slammed with very hard rain all morning, but by mid-afternoon, the sun was out again.
Weather report (7 day).
http://www.signonsandiego.com/cgi-b...ntry=us&maxdays=7&daysonly=2&config=template1
Looks good, even if we get a little rain on Friday, it should be clear for the weekend.

are we gonna need lotsa wood again? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chief is in! I just put a locker in the front a couple days ago and I am in the middle of doing a high steer conversion with heim-ends. I cant wait it will be fun! Anyone in San diego have a trailer I can borrow in case I break something??? :rolleyes: This will be the third year on the dana 30, and it now has a locker.... my fingers are crossed

Back