Tds 2007 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tds 2007

Ok, I'm confirming I'll arrive Friday early afternon leaving Sunday afternoon.

Brian, I'll be turning right onto the entrance. Can I make a right turn with the towed?. or should I overshoot and make a u and turn back?.:confused:

DB, I'm with you. Sounds like a plan.:thumbsup:

Dannyboy,you should, you should:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds good ill find some free fire wood around here and bring it i will also have some mres with me dont have a tent prolly just camp out in the back of the truck or inside the truck i can sleep anywhere truck wont be trail worthy though yet to pick up a locker for the rear hopefully someone has some room for me to ride and danny you can ride out there with me wether get the spindles on or not just hit me p and let me know if you wanna go im prolly gunna leave sooner then i planned earlier maybe around 100 or 200 to get there around day break sat morning so if you wanna ride just let me know

Brian, I'll be turning right onto the entrance. Can I make a right turn with the towed?. or should I overshoot and make a u and turn back?.:confused:
You can turn into this entrance from either direction on S-22.:p:

Dannyboy,you should, you should:D
Ditto!:thumbsup:

Brian, did you pick up you're rig? :thumbsup:

Keep you're cell phone on tomorrow in case:D

Hey, someone who definately knows where everyone is camping "pm" me a cell phone number.... That way I can call you and meet up with you guys. I will be coming out Sat morning early and probably leaving that night late.... But I may stay till Sun.... Anyway, like I said shoot me a cell number please! See yall there...
-Tim

yea lucky you leaving at midight hope to be there for sunrise

OK, now that I have gotten all of the dirt and glass out of my hair. . .

You all will probably hate me for posting this since I don't have any pictures, but the camera was brutally murdered in the incident. :(

So we started our normal ~2 hr sunday run around 10am this morning. We ran up to the phone booth and found some good stuff to play in, pushing the Jeep to its limits. Meandering around on our way back to camp, Brian ran up a hill and we followed. At the top Brian decided we shouldn't go that way so we started to back down. It looked like we were on-line, until the left front tire slid off. Tom fought it trying to steer into it and backing out, but it just kept slipping until we went over. I saw it coming and grabbed on, and closed my eyes, but felt it hit drivers side, roof, pass side, and pass side again. :roll: Tom got a cut on his elbow and we both got bits of glass cuts everywhere, as it blew out every window but the hatch, but otherwise I think we'll live :thumbsup: Well, we'll have to see about Tom, once he tells his wife. :eek:
Brian winched it over with a few guys to keep it from going over again. Big thanks to that Jeeper who offered to help. :p: :rolleyes: However, once over it would crank over, but not start. We found the fuel inertia switch and clicked it back on, but still nothing. Noone had a spark plug socket so we couldn't pull plugs, but it appeared that we weren't getting any spark from the plug wires. So we spent the next 6(?) hours winching and towing it out to Hwy 86.
The engine had shut off instantly in the roll. We checked fuses and wire harness to see if we could figure out why no spark. I later found that the Jet chip had been knock partially out of the ECM adapter, but after reinserting it, and later on removing the adapter all-together, it still would not start up.

You guys all make fun of me for carrying 500lbs of tools in the back of my truck, but whenever my rig isn't there we never have the tool we need. :rolleyes: I'm going to start charging for my services on these runs. :D

Pics to come, I'm sure.

yea it was towable out if jeff would have left last night then i would ave been the one in there with him i wa riding with bran and watched it start to slide then go over thank god he had the roll bar in it it saved alot of damage from getting to jeff and tom def gunna put one in my truck as soon as i find a 4 wheel drive these are some pics of it on its side then the battery died didnt get to take any more one back on the pavement with it

dsc00572fw9.jpg

dsc00573yt7.jpg

dsc00574od2.jpg

dsc00575vg0.jpg

the other two wont work the picture i tried to repost was once it was on its wheels and you can see where it rolled down but yea thank god they were ok it could have been alot worse

Sht Tom, sorry to hear! :eek:
But I've been there, and can relate. :(

Could've been worse, didn't someone die in a rollover in the Ditches Saturday night?

there may have i remember atone point when we where making are way back to camp a bunch of emergency vehicles flyng down the road and turning in to octillo wells about half mile before the pole line and running down the trail that way

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guy's. Finally got home after 12 grueling hours from rollover to getting home. I'm on my way to an unrelated doctors apointment so I'll post some more when I get back. I have a lot of people to thank:thumbsup:

Back