Tds 2007 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tds 2007

I think we should all just have a cage builing party. :D With that much metal, we could build them cheaper for all, and once you do one the others would go faster. wise.;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You just want to use my tube bender, huh :p:

Maybe....:D Soon as I can figure out how to pay for the tube.:rolleyes: The other thing is I want to rip all the interior out when I do it.

If I had my own place,and a DD I'd start doing it...

when yall have it looked at and they get it running let me know what it was that was keeping it from sparking so i will know for future refrence

Ok, here's some pics of the the aftermath...not that you need to see any more huh Tom:rolleyes:...and a couple random shots. I didn't get any wheelin shots this trip out. I guess all they are all starting to look the same trip after trip.

Team Purple's buggy
img_0822.gif

Full moon over Salton Sea
img_0825.gif

img_0826.gif

img_0827.gif

img_0828.gif

img_0829.gif

img_0830.gif

img_0831.gif

img_0832.gif

Is this the trail Tom was backing down?

wmimg_0826.jpg

Brian, if the Navajo is at your house, how about some m ore pics? I'd like to see some inside shots, showing how much if any the roof pushed in, before the cage did it's job.

Also, who actually witnessed it happening?

I'm still really shocked that the hatch glass never broke...:confused:

Is this the trail Tom was backing down?
Yes. We hadn't even gotten to the base of the steep section before backing down though.

Also, who actually witnessed it happening?
I think almost everyone saw it. Brian had just finished turning around at the top and the Jeep was right behind us. I don't know if Dave saw it.

I'm still really shocked that the hatch glass never broke...:confused:
I don't think there is even a scratch on the hatch. Or the taillights for that matter.

That hill looks a lot flatter in pics than it does in person, the pics don't do it any justice. I didn't get to witness the roll since I had already gone to the bottom of that hill and moved ahead a bit. My view was blocked and plus my truck was facing away from the hill everyone was on. My friends son (Gaege)happened to see it and said "look, he flipped!". I thought he might have been talking about Brian but I could see Brian up at the top trying to turn around but then Gaege said "no, the other guy flipped".

Like Dave say's, the picture doesn’t do it justice. The sides of the trail are soft powder sand and loose rock. When I started to back up I didn’t turn the front wheel enough and the rear wheels started sliding downhill, I tried to correct the slide by turning the front wheel to get the rear back on the trail but the front wheels started sliding down hill also. At that moment I had no more control on the sideways slide. It got to rollover point in slow motion, or at least it seems. Brian confirmed it. Thank God for the cage. :roll:

Everything they said is true, and yea everyone witnessed it except for dave. I really wish i hadnt of had to see it happen though, wish someone would have taken pictures of the hill we had to winch the truck up!!! I was going to take pics but i was busy keepin a eye on the winch, it was a big hill!!!

Ahh, sounds like a time where I almost rolled mine, up off the 14.

Remember that Jefe:D

Oh man:( I'm sure sorry to see that Tom:( Looks like the rig held up very well considering. Just lots of broken glass... Maybe time for some vinyl snap on windows??

not sure about cowboys but i know there is at least one redneck from kentucy and that would be me lol

oh and colin looking into getting that wihte x. If i can manage to work it out he can consider it sold if not, im prolly gunna get daddy ja's if i can work it out for the right price!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back