Brother_of_Jefe

Elite Explorer ??
Reaction score
City, State
Canyon Country, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Wrangler Sahara
The 45th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari will be held March 2 - 4, 2007

because of recent "developments", technically this event will be held at Ocotillo Wells SVRA, south of Truckhaven.

Information and registration is available at http://www.tds4x4.com/safariinfo.htm

Last year they had 1550 registered vehicles, and approximately 16,000 attendees :eek:

So, who's still interested?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in. We should still be able to go to Truck Haven with our group. Would we camp with the TDS crowd or camp in one of our usual spots and go to check out the TDS vendor area?

Right now, I'm for camping in our spot up on the mesa - away from the "crazies"

I'm also for camping up on the mesa...Ocotillo isn't quite as spread out as T-haven so I think there's gonna be a ton of people crammed in a somewhat smaller area. Plus I don't think we can have a raging bonfire there, has to be confined to a ring from what I understand.

I'm in. Bluff sounds good.:thumbsup:

Not sure but I will follow the thread?

My wife and I are having a baby BOY.... Shes due on the 14th supposedly. Anyway, I am going to TDS for sure if everything is alright with the baby.... Heh, my wife said, " You could always just meet me at the hospital. Tds isnt that far away..... " I must be the luckiest guy in the world. She would obviously be staying with some family if I wasnt here...
I was hoping to have my supercharger on by then, but its not gonna happen.

I'm in, but we need to rethink where on the mesa we camp, cause that road is going to be a freeway all day and night. Maybe up closer to the relay tower on S-22 would be better. Its got a better view of all of truckhaven, and no noise from the people camping to the south of S-22. It is a little harder to get down into the Truckhaven hills.

I think the TDS guys are asking that everyone camp and wheel at the event and not at TruckHaven at all.

Here is an email I got from a friend asking me to let the clubs down here in Baja know...;

""BTW, do the local wheelers down there know about the location change for TDS? The run organisers are hoping the people that don't normally register for TDS will not go to Truckhaven the weekend of TDS. They fear that some of the tree huggers will be screaming that we did not follow the judge's directions to not hold an event at Truckhaven that weekend. Even though it wouldn't be "an event" if a bunch of people just showed up at Truckhaven to wheel, it could still be used against us in a bad way. We're fighting for that land, with heart, soul, and LOTS of money out of our pockets. We'd hate for that to get screwed up just because people couldn't stay away from Truckhaven for that one weekend, when eyes will be focused on people at Truckhaven. If people are going to play that weekend, it would be best if they went to Occatillo Wells where the event has been moved to. It would be even better if they would register for the event or donate some $ because we need it to help fight this HUGE battle...when it comes to money, we're outgunned in a big way. If people want to have a chance at wheeling there again, they need to help out with their actions as well as their pocketbooks...even a few $ helps!

Please, pass that on to your friends south of the border. This is IMPORTANT.

www.RedBullRockCrawlers.com

Click here for the BLUE TORCH FAB
Red Bull RockHer Buildup""

Good point. Makes you think for a moment. I'm signing up. Might as well take sides while we still can.

I'm in, but we need to rethink where on the mesa we camp, cause that road is going to be a freeway all day and night. Maybe up closer to the relay tower on S-22 would be better. Its got a better view of all of truckhaven, and no noise from the people camping to the south of S-22. It is a little harder to get down into the Truckhaven hills.

Isn't it pretty rocky on those mesa's there? I may be one of those "RV guys" for TDS...I talked my buddy into going who can get his dad's camper so hopefully we can decide on a spot soon. I can go scout some spots that would suit everyones needs if necessary.

CG, are you gonna make it out for TDS?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Isn't it pretty rocky on those mesa's there? I may be one of those "RV guys" for TDS...I talked my buddy into going who can get his dad's camper so hopefully we can decide on a spot soon. I can go scout some spots that would suit everyones needs if necessary.

God bless you:D

Back