5 speed manual trannies - How many of you were lucky enough to get one? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5 speed manual trannies - How many of you were lucky enough to get one?

ShadyUpInSmoke

Reaction score
City, State
Gun Lake, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
it seems like i have the only one i have ever seen :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a 5 speed manuel in my old 92

Namitey and Das Frem each have 2 Explorer Sports w/ 5spd, and my Ranger has one too, wouldn't settle for anything less, plus, I have the Man. BW1354:D

Got one in my '93. It came with a manual transfer case also.

Ive got a manual trans in my 97 and i have one in my wrecked 96. I wouldnt have it any other way. Im gonna be putting a Bw1354 manual t-case in my 97 explore soon. :D

I Have one in my '97 Sport also.

I have one in my '91. Are they rare?

KevinK

I have one in my 91 also, and it's 4-door. The 5-speed is a little easeir to find in a 2-door sport, but their still rare, atleast around here. I searched for almost a year and found 4 in 4-doors, mine was one of them.

My fathers 93 ranger came with manual trans, transfer case and hubs. I guess you can do that when you order it new. Maybe when he gets tired of it (not likely) I can snag it, only 90k. I'm not sure if you can even order manual transfer cases on the new models.

my 97 4 door has a 5-speed manual tranny.

i think it is pretty cool that you can still get a 3rd gen explorer 4 door with a manual still. on the xls base model only though. big deal the base model still has power windows/locks and thats all i care about.

99 Tranny

My 99 Sport has one...! :eek: :D :cool:

My 94 has 1 too.

My 93 Sport has one, real good transmission, replaced the clutch only once over 200,000+ miles

Apparently there were 2 different 5speeds. Mazda and Mitsubishi. I have the (more common) Mazda.

I have one and I thought that it was dying, but it was the clutch. After bleeding the clutch it works great for 2 months, then I have to bleed it again. It must have done that to the previous owner too, because when I changed the trans fluid, I got a handful of fine and coarse millings along with a small bracket! It is still working though. (The bracket must not have been all that important, lol)!

Rob

I got one on my 1992 mazda Navajo. Love it:D

My 97 Sport has a 5 speed manual..wouldn't get it any other way...was glad to see you can now get the OHC with a 5 speed (with a little less HP of course)

I think only 5% of Explorers are manuals from what I remember.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I too have a 5-spd manual tranny and manual t-case in my 93' sport.

Back