5 speed manual trannies - How many of you were lucky enough to get one? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5 speed manual trannies - How many of you were lucky enough to get one?

:chug: I got one! I think autos suck ass ....

Especially A4LD autos:shoot:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

98 sport 5-speed

I got one in my 1998 Sport. Everyone loves it. (especially the girls). Never seen a 4dr 5-speed......
haktmal: The reason it's so rare is people don't want to drive; they feel the need to talk on their cell phones ranting about traffic for the fifteen minutes between destinations.
Karl

5-speed in 1993 XLT w/auto hubs and transfer case all in very good working order (120K).

My wife purchased this car new 6 months before we met. You know you married the right woman when she insists on a 5-speed SUV!! She also insisted on buying our GTI! (5-speed of course...) What more could a guy ask for?

ed

Originally posted by wonsek
What more could a guy ask for?

ed

that she loves to swear and drink beer?

I've got it all in my 91xlt 4-door. Manual 5-speed, manual t-case and manual locking hubs.

I once saw a 2nd gen 4dr with a 5spd. I was talking to the owner and they had special ordered it from ford that way.

I've got one in my 4-door '93. Love it i can't imagine it with an auto and at the time it was a great find but I couldn't sell it to save my life.

I had to order it to get the manual tranny on my 92 XLT.

The dealer said only about 10% were made with manuals at that time. I have only seen one other manual of all the Ecplorers I've seen.

I just had the trans overhauled at 10 years and 150k miles.

5spd is the only why to go, I have one in my 98 sport.

I have one in my 92 XLT 4x4.
I believe that is a Mazda five speed gear box.
It's great! I just change the original clutch after 153.000 miles.

:chug:

That's another thing I noticed I have seen about a dozen 93 Sports and the ones that had a 5spd had auto hubs. I haven't seen any that have manual shift 4x4 like mine. I'm sure that someone on here has this set-up.

With the new auto locking hubs and push button I'm shocked that I even have it.

Mine is a 4 door XLT with the manual trans, auto hubs and pushbutton transfer case. I have never seen an Explorer with manual hubs and manual T-case, but this is New Jersey where most Explorers are used in snow-stalled highway traffic.

My Ranger has a manual but the Explorer is an auto. I like the auto better for the daily driver

Originally posted by Bwana Bob
Mine is a 4 door XLT with the manual trans, auto hubs and pushbutton transfer case. I have never seen an Explorer with manual hubs and manual T-case, but this is New Jersey where most Explorers are used in snow-stalled highway traffic.

I use my 4wd in jersey. :D

my 92 XLT has a 5 speed manual. i wish it had a manual T-case too.

almost 170K miles on the original clutch. soon i'll upgrade to a centerforce.

So let's see who on here has the 5-spd manual tranny and the manual shift t-case with manual hubs on a 91-94 Sport?

I just bought a 91 Eddie Bauer with a 5 speed, manual transfer, and manual hubs and 3.73 limited slip rearends. It's a 4 door.

well, I have the 5spd, 4.0, man 1354, and man hubs, on a 97:p

I have a 91 Eddie Bauer and it has the 5spd. how do you tell if it's the mazda version or mitsu. version? and wich is better? i have 148K on mine all original. i beat it hard and it takes it all with a smile and puts out very well. no breakage yet!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, old post...

I've got a 91 XL 4 door with manual trans, transfer case and hubs. 253k miles, trans rebuilt about 60k ago. Just took it on a long trip...350 miles highway driving and I still had 2 gallons in the tank. That also includes some 4 wheelin off road> :)

Jason

Back