Can not run Vehicle Health report after upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can not run Vehicle Health report after upgrade

houtzb

Reaction score
City, State
Fitchburg, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited 4WD
I've scoured for an answer to this but came up empty handed... Does anyone else get the message "Vehicle Health Report cannot be submitted at this time" when you try to run a Vehicle Health Report since the 'Performance Upgrade'? I get it every time. I've tried re-pairing my phone and verified that the number is correct in SMR. All other sync services seem to work fine...
Anybody know what to do to fix this?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've scoured for an answer to this but came up empty handed... Does anyone else get the message "Vehicle Health Report cannot be submitted at this time" when you try to run a Vehicle Health Report since the 'Performance Upgrade'? I get it every time. I've tried re-pairing my phone and verified that the number is correct in SMR. All other sync services seem to work fine...
Anybody know what to do to fix this?

Thanks!

I have no clue but looking over the info online:
1. Only works from primary phone
2. Primary phone has to be registered and set with SYNC services (for example, through their website)
3. Vehicle report has to be enabled on syncmyride.com (agree to terms and conditions, etc.)
4. Phone call blocking must be disabled

Is it possible something got reset for you?

I have no clue but looking over the info online:
1. Only works from primary phone
2. Primary phone has to be registered and set with SYNC services (for example, through their website)
3. Vehicle report has to be enabled on syncmyride.com (agree to terms and conditions, etc.)
4. Phone call blocking must be disabled

Is it possible something got reset for you?

Unfortunately, no, nothing got reset. Everything checks out. Thanks for the ideas...

My provider is At&T, work issued blackberry bold :(.

Has it ever worked, and how many miles do you have on your Explorer now? Please also send me your VIN and cell phone number in a private message so I can look into it further for you.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, the Vehicle Health Report worked flawlessly before installing the performance upgrade. I have sent you the requested information!

Thanks!

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, the Vehicle Health Report worked flawlessly before installing the performance upgrade. I have sent you the requested information!

Thanks!

Thank you! I'm looking at it now. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca,

My 2011 Explorer is having the same issue. If you find anything out on this issue please let me know.

Mark

Hi, Mark!

Since your issue may be unique to your vehicle or SYNC account, please send me the following information in a private message:

• VIN
  • Approximate mileage
  • Last time/date you tried to run a report
  • Last time/date it worked
  • Phone number listed on your SyncMyRide account
  • Phone carrier
  • Phone make/model

Thanks!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Is there any update on this? I sent you a PM almost two weeks ago. I did receive a call but didn't get any contact information.

I just tried to send to my vehicle using MapQuest and it can not connect to Ford SYNC service. I'm thinking this is related.

Thanks!

Hi Rebecca,

Is there any update on this? I sent you a PM almost two weeks ago. I did receive a call but didn't get any contact information.

I just tried to send to my vehicle using MapQuest and it can not connect to Ford SYNC service. I'm thinking this is related.

Thanks!

Hi, houtzb!

Has Robert contacted you about this at all? I'll send him another email to follow up with you.

Rebecca

Hi, houtzb!

Has Robert contacted you about this at all? I'll send him another email to follow up with you.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I was contacted by someone, his name may have been Robert, back in the middle of July but I have heard nothing since.

Hey Rebecca,

I have successfully run the Vehicle Health Report in my 2012 Explorer three times within the past week. I use a Davis CarChip data logger that plugs into the OBDII port. I removed this and the next time I started my vehicle the report ran successfully. Of course I plugged it back in and the report failed. I had to remove it and cycle the engine again to be able to run the report. I think this is what my issue was.

Hey Rebecca,

I have successfully run the Vehicle Health Report in my 2012 Explorer three times within the past week. I use a Davis CarChip data logger that plugs into the OBDII port. I removed this and the next time I started my vehicle the report ran successfully. Of course I plugged it back in and the report failed. I had to remove it and cycle the engine again to be able to run the report. I think this is what my issue was.

Thanks for the update, houtzb! I completely forgot about data loggers causing this issue.

Rebecca

I'm having this issue now too. The vehicle health report worked fine a few weeks ago. The Explorer went into the Dealer for a collision repair (wife hit a rock), and now the vehicle health report can't be sent. It collects the report, and I see the phone number show up on my phone like it going to place the call, but then it immediately says Call Ended and the MFT screen says the report can't be sent at this time. This is with an iPhone 4S.

I'm having this issue now too. The vehicle health report worked fine a few weeks ago. The Explorer went into the Dealer for a collision repair (wife hit a rock), and now the vehicle health report can't be sent. It collects the report, and I see the phone number show up on my phone like it going to place the call, but then it immediately says Call Ended and the MFT screen says the report can't be sent at this time. This is with an iPhone 4S.

Hey, generaltso!

Please send me a private message with your VIN and I'll take a look. :)

Rebecca

Can't run Vehicle Health Report after 3.5.1 upgrade

Had the Ex in the shop for state inspection, and they mentioned that they would upgrade the Sync as well (was running on 3.2). Now since then I haven't been able to run a Vehicle Health Report. When I try to do it, it says that I need to register online (which I did long ago).

Any ideas on this one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had the Ex in the shop for state inspection, and they mentioned that they would upgrade the Sync as well (was running on 3.2). Now since then I haven't been able to run a Vehicle Health Report. When I try to do it, it says that I need to register online (which I did long ago).

Any ideas on this one?

Is your phone connected to the system? It needs a way to send the info and it makes a call with your synced phone to do this.

Back