Easy Trail Ride for Stock trucks or those that don't want to break stuff | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy Trail Ride for Stock trucks or those that don't want to break stuff

imma watch this but i say just the easier trails through wharton/batsto would be sufficient. this way stockers can be safe but those less carefull like me can veer off a tiny bit and get stuck.

Wouldnt be a day without you getting stuck! :D:p::D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My concern isn't so much getting stuck as it is rolling down the mountain. :)

lol have i gotten stuck when u were there though? i did the other week but thats after the joops left everyone important behind so you couldnt laugh =p

and thats y i prefer wharton its nj flat =]

I wouldn't mind hitting Wharton in the next month or so as long as I can find trails that don't have deep mud/water holes. I know paraphoe feels the same way. Just looking to go out, get some mud on the tires, and flex it out some.

Dan

How long of a ride are you looking for? I have two ideas in mind (one of which I have permission to access, one of which is a state gamelands access road system), but together they will take only about three hours of riding total. And they're fairly tame.

This is an old video I took (part of me documenting the entire ride). Old logging roads circa 1880s-1920s, then lightly improved with Cats. Seven or so miles, but will take the better part of 1:00-1:30 to travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqukJF442vI

Only concerns for folks who care is that it gets tight with brush at times, so you may get a trail pinstripe or two, and if you go after rain, it's muddy (but you get to see great cascades from the mountain). Oh, and you need to come up to the Pokes to ride 'em.
nice video...... Thank you, you inspired me for a nice ride:)

I could do some time in January. What location did you have in mind?

Either Wharton or Rausch. I haven't been to Rausch in way too long (my 1st choice), but Wharton is close and last time out was awesome.

I might be down for this as well depending on my location at the time of the run. I spend a few days a month in PA.

Wharton would be my choice as well (closer and easier on the wallet as far as gas is concerned). I have heard lately that the rangers are patrolling a bit heavier looking for some group that has been tearing up unmarked trails. But as long as we are sticking to well marked trails they haven't been bothering anyone. I might think about doing some really easy trails out in Rausch Creek, but not until later in the year after it warms up some. Here is an email that was posted on an Xterra forum about Wharton:

Over the past two to three weeks there have been a lot of problems in Wharton with one of the local 4x4 clubs posting you-tube videos of them tearing up the 1/4 mile along with a few other trails. So now the Rutgers environmentalists and rangers are out in full force trying to stop these people by handing out tickets like crazy. I was down there almost two weeks ago and a few of the good trails were closed. This sucks but was bound to happen. Up where I live, the local 4wheel spot is closed down due to the police searching for poachers and quad riders. "

Dan

as long as i can im there

Maybe we can shoot for the last weekend in January?

Sure! Count me in. Say Saturday 1/29/11?

Sounds like a plan. Its far enough that I can keep that weekend open.

Dan

Sounds great, maybe I'll have my 96 back to road legal again and can take her :)

so just to clarify its wharton on the 29th of january right?

yes, we are planning to head to Wharton that day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

acording to the work schedual i should be off that day

Back