Easy Trail Ride for Stock trucks or those that don't want to break stuff | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy Trail Ride for Stock trucks or those that don't want to break stuff

count me in ifn i can find a front driveshaft by then! I hit up a local yard this weekend and they had 1 sitting right by the door!!! it was however too good to be true cause it was 1 1/2 inches longer then mine! back to hunting....:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

count me in ifn i can find a front driveshaft by then! I hit up a local yard this weekend and they had 1 sitting right by the door!!! it was however too good to be true cause it was 1 1/2 inches longer then mine! back to hunting....:(

For your 4406 swap? I still have my original F150 shaft which should work for you. Call me.

Should we get a thread started in the trail rides section since we now have a date and location?

If you care about paint then wheelins not for you, atleast not out here

Someone remind me, I need a set of waders...

If you care about paint then wheelins not for you, atleast not out here

its very possible to take your truck on a trail, and keep it looking respectable. Most people just choose not to do that...

I would figure a "for people that don't want to break stuff" kinda run wouldn't involve mirrors being ripped off and doors being bashed in.

I could be wrong, might have read "easy trail ride" the wrong way :dunno:

Theres plenty of trails out there that wont rake your truck!! but I have a nice ex and when I put my mind to turning it into a trail ,mud and rock machine I had all expectations of gettin a few dings, so if you want to keep it pristine stay off the trails buddy.

:afro: Jay get apair of waders

well when i wash and wax mine even though ive been wheelin for 3 years witrh it she still shines bright =D needs a buff but its only scuff not many actual scratchs only my bullit hole is visible

its very possible to take your truck on a trail, and keep it looking respectable. Most people just choose not to do that...

I would figure a "for people that don't want to break stuff" kinda run wouldn't involve mirrors being ripped off and doors being bashed in.

I could be wrong, might have read "easy trail ride" the wrong way :dunno:

I kinkow it is verry possible, and a run there, especially one that were trying not to brak stuff, will leave your body pannels straint, your mirrors in tact and tour truck in good condition.

the point i was trying to make is that no matter how carefull you are or how easy you take it therers going to be some blemish that occurs.

like you could be somewhere wide enough for 2 trucks to fit through and still have room, have a rock on one side and a stick lying on the other side of the trail, you chose the less scary looking small stick to ride over and next thing tou know the stick flips up and scratches your door.

an easy trail ride is exactly that, doing some light wheeling on a day where the goal is to not have any one break.

think of it this way, you play a freindly game of game of 2 hand touch football. theoretically everyone should get through tha game really clean, but you know at some point someone is gonna trip and get a grass stain on their pants

the point i was trying to make is if you wheel the truck you can still have it look nice, ive been out with some really nice rigs that get washed and waxed regularly, but something happening to it eventually is inevitable

im very aware its possible for something to happen. I'll just hope it happens to the back pass quarter panel, since it needs rust repair anyways

I'm not worried about keeping it showroom fresh, its already not, I just don't want to drive home with the axle being held in by 1 U bolt, and my headlights and taillights bashed in. I'm not looking to join the roll over posse either

Why bother wheelin then!!:rolleyes:

I'm not worried about keeping it showroom fresh, its already not, I just don't want to drive home with the axle being held in by 1 U bolt, and my headlights and taillights bashed in. I'm not looking to join the roll over posse either

that should be doable :D

:afro: Jay get apair of waders

X2!:p:

everyone is right, even thou we plan on takin it easy, its almost impossible to prevent scratches from tree branches. I have wheeled wharton many times and have no dents or dings from it.

No one ever wants to join the rollover posse!!!!:roll:

I rolled 1 on purpose once... Wasn't mine, my tow truck driving friend cameand got it, body man friend told the unsurance I hit a deer... Got it repaired for 1100... Friends mom Gave it to him after lol the thing never tracked right again! In hindsight it was pretty expensive fun and we could have gotten really hurt, but at 18years old it seemed like the right thing at the time... But I digress... I'm in Nepa and was wondering if there's anyone knows anything about ex alarms that could help me so I can go beating/ wheeling my explorer soon, check the thread in my sig I'm in zip 18428

ill be keepin an eye on this,who was all there when we cleaned wharton last time,i know josh,aaron and i think both jays were there right,that turned out pretty good,especially with them kids tryin to throw the tv off apple pie hill after we just cleaned it and had all the trash in genes ram or was it amanda and matts ram

Ok, you all are going to hate me. I'm not going to be wheeling. I just traded the frontier in today on a new silverado. It doesn't have the tires, and I don't want to chance anything. Plus it's wide. But, if everyone wants to meet down there I'd still be happy to drive down and meet everyone. I wasn't planning on trading it in, but they gave me a real good deal and I couldn't say no to a crew cab truck with my family in mind. It sucks I didn't get to wheel my frontier though. But as they say, family first.
Ps. I tried to keep it ford, but the only F-150 I could afford was used and this chevy was brand new. (don't be hating).

Dan

That sucks Dan, but you gotta think of the family. I hope this still goes on and we can get a pretty good turn out! i will be there with possibly 2 other buddies and hope to see all of you there....

mabye ride along with someone Dan?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in if this has a hard date, and my brother if he ever gets a new RA for his Bronco :roll: :D

Back