Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more

well here starts the 3rd version of my truck, right now the 1ton HP D60 was pulled, and the guy paid me for it, and then i paid for front and rear rockwells

so here is the planned setup for this version

-1992 explorer
-4.0V6 (when the engine goes ill decide what goes in, 350k logged miles and still goin)
-carried over from the last setup, chucks SAS hanger kit, and 12" lift springs, which puts me at 19" for that

whats new:
-Front and rear 2.5 ton REO/Military Rockwell Axles, Ujoint style axles
-4" welded perch/stand in the front
-larger perches in the back to compensate for the smaller springs, also welded
-Oversized Ladder bar setup to eliminate any axle wrap
-crossover steering, with possible later addition of hydraulic ram assist
-36" shocks all around(specifically the pro comp 9000's, but if you do research, they are the exact same as the ranchos minus the rancho sticker)
-Wilwood wheel/Hub brake setup all around, with a soon the be fab'd custom hydraulic/cable hybrid parking brake
-20x10" 7"BS custom Steel rims
-either 12.5R20 or 385/80R20 tires, the first one is 41 tall, and the second one is 46" tall, the lift should clear 46s

-later on down the road it may be 4linked in the rear, but thats another $2k to get done

should :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: people :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

wow...how do you get in?

ok IZ posted this funny pic earlier in this thred, but none of us are asking the ?. Why there is a chevy emblem on a ford truck!

I think the bigger and more important question that needs to be asked here is.. why ISNt there a chevy bowtie on every ford truck ;) ?

I think the bigger and more important question that needs to be asked here is.. why ISNt there a chevy bowtie on every ford truck ;) ?

I think the best question is why are you driving with ford. lol :roll:

banhim.gif

ahah

yeah, wheels wereee, done but due to a communication error the centers are being recut again, just a small thing i noticed that i wanted redone

FFN-

I just went through the whole thread... Holy Sh*t!!! your rig is huge...:eek:

Is it going to be used for tug o wars, mud bogs, and other redneck motor sports?...:D

Gr8 write up and build up...:thumbsup:

tomorrow the rear should be rebuiilt and flipped out, god this truck is takin forever

rear is getting worked on today, new wheel seals all around to the tune of $160 in seals alone, gotta love $20 a pop for my axles

um wow im speechless... simply amazing... if u dont mind me asking; roughly wut is this costing u

boy id love to do something like this... just got to hit the lotto!!!

without the cost of the explorer, wheeling and dealing and selling old parts and axles and etc, with labor, i estimate at around $8000 , once i get it how i like, most likely 10k, not including motor sometime down the road

Back