Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more

well here starts the 3rd version of my truck, right now the 1ton HP D60 was pulled, and the guy paid me for it, and then i paid for front and rear rockwells

so here is the planned setup for this version

-1992 explorer
-4.0V6 (when the engine goes ill decide what goes in, 350k logged miles and still goin)
-carried over from the last setup, chucks SAS hanger kit, and 12" lift springs, which puts me at 19" for that

whats new:
-Front and rear 2.5 ton REO/Military Rockwell Axles, Ujoint style axles
-4" welded perch/stand in the front
-larger perches in the back to compensate for the smaller springs, also welded
-Oversized Ladder bar setup to eliminate any axle wrap
-crossover steering, with possible later addition of hydraulic ram assist
-36" shocks all around(specifically the pro comp 9000's, but if you do research, they are the exact same as the ranchos minus the rancho sticker)
-Wilwood wheel/Hub brake setup all around, with a soon the be fab'd custom hydraulic/cable hybrid parking brake
-20x10" 7"BS custom Steel rims
-either 12.5R20 or 385/80R20 tires, the first one is 41 tall, and the second one is 46" tall, the lift should clear 46s

-later on down the road it may be 4linked in the rear, but thats another $2k to get done

should :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: people :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well yalllllllll, gather round little kiddies, its time to discuss the ups and downs in life :( , but there comes a point in a mans life where he can only take so F'in much :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate , and after 2 years, its all i can take

in the circle of living, there is a begining and an end, yall were there for the begining of this, and i thank yall for the great words of encouragement while thru the different stages of this truck

i can only say so much untill more stuff goes thru, but it should be somewhat soon of more info, all i can really say is it left in june/july of 2006, and as of this post, the only stuff that has been done to it, is the rear axle hubs taken off and the rivets popped out, all in the span of 7 months

it tears my heart to write this reply, but it must be done. ive sweated for this truck, ive bleed for this truck, and ive sure as hell sacrificed for this truck, but there will be no more forward progress on this truck

thanks for reading :exp: :dead:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I hate to hear that you are having to stop the project...what will happen to it....

aww that sucks. C'est la vie

well ill put it at this, either someone is gonna have a good carcass to work with with the spring hangers already there, or a very far along project to finish (but its gonna run them about 9-10 for what i have, but it would be street legal). then maybe i can get the megasized gun safe ive been wanting for a few years(6-7 feet tall, 3-4 feet wide, two feet deep, double door open, should fill it up pretty well), and get some more class 3 firearm goodies :D , guns are my main passion ;)

well i got the truck back last night, right now going to either part it out, sell it as a truck with hangers and no axles, or as a rolling chassis with the rockwells under it

sup yall, figured i would stop by and say hi, finally got the rims and tires on the palate a while back ago, they look pretty damn good, in the next few days ill post pics of em

So what's the deal with the Sploder? Are you keeping or selling it still?

make yall drool a little, rims and tires up next to truck, not mounted, hubs are a little below line, prolly could of fit 53s with tiny tiny bit of room to spare

explorerrockscustomrims.jpg

oh yeah, 20x10 rim, 6 inchBS, rockwell pattern, USA6x6 rims custom cut for me (only pattern of that in the world) , tires 1400R20 michelin sand tires

I gotta ask how a truck like that drives?

How did i miss this. Are you keeping it now or what.

I think its sweet!

oh its still going for sale, thats with the 49s and the customs 20s next to it

now yall should start saving up your pennys as this should go for the $4k range, maybe a little under

i still want to build a explorer with rockwells. ha ha

i am still fed up with the truck, so it still is going up for sale

heh, burns, if ya got the $$ we can talk

Im not to that point yet. I am trying to get into a business right now so im not going to go for anything I want.

It will cost me about 7 grand to do it like i want to.

i was damn near the $10k mark with what i had, but it was going to be street legal

explorerfullsidepicwithcustomrims.jpg

better side pic, gotta remember in these pics that the rims and not mounted and that the hub center line is below the wheel centerline, so this truck would actually clear better mounted to the truck

Back