MOAB II | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MOAB II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great news Paul! Glad to hear it.

I ran Gemini Bridges today. It should be a great run for the 3- 3+ group to get their feet wet. There are a few optional obstacles which will give them an idea of what the slick rock is like. On the way back I "rescued" a bicyclist who had 2 flats and no more patches. I gave him a ride 7 miles to his truck (an F350 SD).

Be preparred for some WARM temps. It was 90 today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick - what room are you in at the Ramada? Or shoudl I just call your cell first? I'll probably be in tomorrow evening/night and need to stop by your room real fast.

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Question for those taking the White Rim Trail:

Does anybody have a place on the exterior of their explorer that I could put a Jerry can? I have the can and even the bracket if needed. Matt, I noticed that you have a red and a blue can on yours, do you think we could trade the blue (?water?) for my gas can. I don't think that I'll need extra gas for the white rim, but it is pretty long and I would rather be safe than sorry (it would be a long walk).

------------------
If everybody is different, how can anyone be normal?

91 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV V6

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dignan:
climbnkd, I'm not sure if I can go at 3:00. If my friend can go, then I have to wait until 8:00. If my friend can't go then I want to go at about 11:00 or Noon so that I can pre-run Elephant Hill. If you can leave at either of these times, then let me know. If not, then I'll see ya in Moab.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can wait, that isn't a problem, but I can't leave any earier than we had planned. Give me a call on my cell tomarrow. 940-7049 and we can decide on what we are going to do.

------------------
James Young
91 XLT 4x4 4 door

Well...Ford changed their plans at the last moment. I was just informed that they will be in Moab to run trails on Friday and Saturday and will be leaving Sunday.

I don't know how many of us are going to be here first thing Friday morning, but Ford will just have to make do with how many seats we have available. There's a good chance that not all of the Ford reps will be able to ride with us on Friday.

I hope this doesn't interfere with anyone's plans.

Rick

Dignan - no problem, I'll just carry the water on the inside (I'd hate to leave it cause then we'd run out of water, heh heh). I'll be filling my gas can before hitting the trail just in case, b ut always better to have MORE gas then not enough, same with water.

I'm leaving to pick up Hix's friend and depart for Moab in approximately an hour, so I'll see everyone there!

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy" http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

[This message has been edited by mattadams (edited 05-04-2000).]

Thanks Matt, I have about twenty-five gallons of water so I think we'll be OK.

climbnkd, I tried to call you, but it wont go through. It looks like I might be leaving at about 3:00 after all. If I don't I'll post again at about 3:00, so check in with the message board before you leave.

climbnkd, I'm leaving right now so I hope you are at the meeting place. I'll be there at about 4:00 (as originally planned). I'll keep trying to call you, but it hasn't been going through.

Everybody else: See ya in Moab in a few hours. Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

Man am I bummed.
My Moab plans are off. The injectors were bad in #5, & #6 cylinders and caused the plugs, and either the valves or pistons to be burned. Only 40lbs compression in #6 and 70lbs in #5. I installed the Powertrax last night successfully. Looks like it is going to be tested another time.
Happy Trails and Safe Wheelin to everybody.
I'll look forward to the pictures and discussion next week.
Rick

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

Sorry Dignan, I hit a wrong number when I put in my #. Hope you are having fun down there. My plans got delayed and I will be heading down this afternoon. I will just meet up with everyone at the dinner. Later.

This sucks, my plans have taken a turn for the worst. Looks like I wont be able to make it at all now. I am so pissed, but a family issue has come up and I have to go home and help my dad for a while. There is no way that I can get down there now. Good luck to you all and I hope to see you another time.

------------------
James Young
91 XLT 4x4 4 door

Well I'm back from Moab, guess I'm the first one...Broke my ARB locker and had to come up due to that as well as a irritating noise that was just getting worse and worse...
Anywho, trip was fun... did Gold Bar Rim on Friday,d amaged my vehicle a few time, Tom Davis tipped his Explorer on its side (don't worry, everyone was OK and pictures are sure to follow)... that was just about Double Whammy on Golden Spike which myself, Rick, Bill, and Gofast completed, and I think thats where I broke my locker... anyway, Justin Mcneils car broke down at the top of Gold Bar so we spent several hours working on that...
Saturday did Kane Creek, great trail, a bit tough in spots but no big deal. THe other group did Poison Spider and Bill Collins rolled his Ranger on to its roof doing the Potato Salad Hill trail, don't worry hes fine as well.
Sunday Jay, myself, T.C. and Darien (driving Pauls Explorer) climbed up Lions Back and back down successfully. There were also other trails to be done but I left for town so can't give you much more detail than that.

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Glad you made it back ok Matt. It was great to see you again. Sorry to hear about the ARB. I didn't hear about it until dinner last night.

I'm closing this thread and starting "Return from Moab 2000"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back