Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I just got back from Moab and I can't stop thinking about Truckhaven 2001. I would really like this to be the biggest, baddest Explorer event yet.

If we're going to shoot for a big run, Truckhaven is the place to do it. Camping is free and there are trails for everyone from mild to wild.

If you're unfamiliar with Truckhaven check out the trip report from our last adventure: http://www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_report.html

Last year we based the run around the weekend of Martin Luther Kings Birthday, Next year I believe the holiday weekend is January 19-22 I don't have a 2001 calender showing the holidays so someone may want to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, does that sound like a good date for a big run? I know not everyone gets the day off, but a lot of people do.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
www.4x4central.com
Ricks Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It does not hurt to plan early... I hope to join yall this year Since by then I will have a 4x4.

------------------
Kris Guilbeaux
1992 Navajo Lx 5-speed
attempting 4x4 convertion
--
Dead Link Removed

my site has moved AGAIN!!!!

Well, Let me be the first to sign up. Dead Link Removed
I will mark those dates down and Sandy and I will be there. You are right about TruckHaven being a good spot for a BIG run. There's lots of space and not many people to get in the way. I would suggest that we split the groups into maybe 7 max, then have designated spots to meet for lunch or other picture taking opertunities with the whole group. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

I'd prefer the weekend after that but I'll be there whatever weekend it is... it was a nice place to camp for free, etc. Maybe this time make it a longer event (3 days was cool but I'll have some vacation time to use up and would like to make it a 5-day). I'll be there... I have a feeling I won't get the furthest driver award this time though Dead Link Removed.

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/madams/

I agree w/ matt. I prefer the weekend after, but like him, I will be there this time without a doubt. I can't wait.

------------------
93XLT-5.5" Super Runner, Super Runner Steering, 1.5" Body lift,33x12.5,
Borla exhaust,KKM air filter, Warn HS9500i winch, Sony deck & 10 disk CD changer w/ 12" sub.

You all know I'm in!!! And I have about eight months to do body work! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Bill Collins
93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Modified

Matt, I have no problem staying longer. I think we should keep the weekdays more of a spontaneous thing though instead of trying to plan for everyday. There are a lot of places outside of Truckhaven that would be nice to run as well.

I'm going to submit this info to all the magazines and all of the websites which have calendars for events as well.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
www.4x4central.com
Ricks Explorer

rangex, let me know if you need help. we found a place in Lakeside, but I am more than willing toi make the drive to learn a little about body work as I am sure I will eventually need some. We should be down there the first of June.

------------------
93XLT-5.5" Super Runner, Super Runner Steering, 1.5" Body lift,33x12.5,
Borla exhaust,KKM air filter, Warn HS9500i winch, Sony deck & 10 disk CD changer w/ 12" sub.

Well, I missed Moab, but definetely be @ T.Haven in 2001!!
Maybe by then plenty of us 95+ will have some extra clearence.

It will be interesting to see what Ford will bring to play. Maybe the Dessert Excursion??

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

[This message has been edited by felsmann (edited 05-17-2000).]

I'm in.

Im already packin!!!

Hopefully I can wear down my stock tires by then so I can justify buying some BFG ATko's!!

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.users.uswest.net/~ntrpriz/main.htm" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.users.uswest.net/~ntrpriz/main.htm</A>
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Jensen Head w stock Premium sound.
Radio Schack CB with magnetic mount antenna.
Uniden Scanner.

Phwew!!

This one is going to be hard to resist. I'll have to ponder the drive versus the fun for a while. Man, I enjoyed Moab so much that I've gotten the itch. Give me some time to think about this.....

------------------
Tom
99 Sport 4x4
SOHC
Auburn Rear & Gerald's old Shackles
265/75-R16 BFG AT's that weren't supposed to fit

I'm in and i'm bringing the pops. Hopefully my truck will be a little more modified. If we have a lot of people it will be kind of nice since were going to have all levels of trucks and drivers. I can go most anywhere the stock 4x4's can go. Espcially once i buy some new tires Dead Link Removed Anytime is good for me since i'll still be on break from school.
Brian

Rick
I'm in on matter what weekend.
jerry

I'm sure I'll be there a few times before the planned trip, since it's only about 2 ours away. Whenever we decide to go, I'll be there. Rick, the Moab trip report turned out great. If anyone in the San Diego or Orange County area ever want to head out thereanytime, e-mail me and let me know. f150chstrk@aol.com. I can go just about any weekend.

Colin "Fenderguy" Ignacio

'92 XLT € 4" TrailMaster € MagnaFlo € 33 BFG All-Terrains € K&N cone filter

Hey,

Sign me up also. I don't care what the boss says. "I'm wheeling!" Dead Link Removed
Bill, do you think 8 months is enough time?

See y'all in Jan. if not sooner!

------------------
Char
93 Modified Exploder, Co-owner (passenger)& The Better (other) Half
I may be CRAZY (she is),.... BUT I'm not insane!(well...)

Think for yourself ...... Sheep end up dead!

Collin, I would sure like it if you came out to visit us for a run in Arizona sometime. It's not that bad of a ride from San Diego.

I would also like to go back to T-haven sometime before the big run!

I just talked to the guys who are doing my front end conversion. They are going to assemble the Dana 44 so it's ready to go in and then I'm dropping my truck off for major surgery!

Hopefully it will be done by the end of June. Then I get to "test" out their work!

Rick-where in ARIZONA do you go off-roading? Do you know a spot here in Tucson?

------------------
'92 XLT 4x4
4.0L EFI V6
[NSFR671]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We mainly run North of Phoenix in the Bradshaw Mountains. In the summer we like to go to Flagstaff and run the cinders.

I haven't been wheelin' in Tucson yet, but there are some good trails down there. One of them was just written about in a magazine. It's called Charloue Gap (I think I spelled it wrong). Maniak is in Tucson, you should try to hook up with him and Yo.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
www.4x4central.com
Ricks Explorer

Back