They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived... | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived...

I am home now from the hospital. Not doing too well. This was terrible. Took a quick minute to post these. Will explain more of this terrible accident later.

21512DSC00167.JPG

21512DSC00168.JPG

21512DSC00169.JPG

21512DSC00170.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OH MY DAMN!!!! For you to be here today, you must have had someone/thing on your side. Sorry for the loss, I hope you and anyone else in the truck are ok.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was a dream to build a beautiful Explorer and be a featured truck. Looks like I won't make it now.

That sucks man,...that sucks! *****, I hate when people do that $h!t. I'm just glad you and you're daughter is okay! One hell of a story.

I don't know you but I sympathize for you and your X! Take care of yourself and keep your head up!

Aloha!

BBQ_HotDogs said:
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was a dream to build a beautiful Explorer and be a featured truck. Looks like I won't make it now.

You'll get 'er next time HotDogs. Best of luck man ;)

I just caught this thread. Man, I'm terribly sorry to see your Ex like that :(. I'm just glad you and your daughter came through it ok.

Its stupid people that don't pay attention that always cause the worst accidents. This is why I'm almost scared to drive my stang on the road now. All it takes is for one dumb ass to be on their cell phone or yelling at their kids to pull infront of a car going 50mph.

Hope recovery comes quickly.

wow!

You guys are sooooo lucky. That story was well written...I was there with you as you described it. :eek:

I wish you the best for a fast recovery.

What don't kill us only makes us stonger is the saying...you must be close to a deity with this one!

Think Im going to put roll cages in everything I drive after looking at this wreck.

I just saw your pictures and read your story... I'm sorry you lost your rig. But, i'm very glad you and your daughter came away relatively unharmed.

we'll it's been a while, bbq,, Hopefullly you all are about back to the wonderful conditions that you were in before this horrible accident, have you had any luck on a new ride, or some thoughts as to what u might do for a new project truck?? Hope your holding up well!:)

Hey bro I am glad you and your daughter are alright.

WELCOME TO THE R.O.P.!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

_

Seems there have been alot of this going around lately, again glad you are okay, trucks are metal and $$$, you can get more of both. :)

Wow, that's one heckuva accident to have and walk away from. Thank God you and your daughter are alright. Keep your head up, things will turn around.

dtl 2k2 sport said:
any updates?
None....

It's been almost a year now since this accident and I am no closer now to getting another one. I just don't see it happening. Next month I guess I may start getting rid of everything Explorer that I have.......

Why is it so hard to get another one? Didn't the insurance company give you a payout for the accident?

If you don't have your aftermarket stuff specially insured you only get book value.

BBQ, we enthusiasts can't give up our 'sport' entirely. What are you driving now, if not an Explorer?

I'm betting you still have an interest in some vehicle, and it's OK to admit it's not a Ford :D , maybe even a 'cough' Honda.......
:D

Hope it works out alright man and glad everyones ok. Sorry about your ex, i guess i just got lucky and my insurance paid me double what i bought it for. Hope they treat you right.

Spas said:
Why is it so hard to get another one? Didn't the insurance company give you a payout for the accident?
I did receive a hefty insurance payoff. But it wasn't even a third of what I had put into the Explorer. Plus all of the custom work I had done, wasn't even noticed by the insurance company, State Farm. I was to take it when I completed the project to get a seperate policy for all of the extra stuff like wheels, custom work, stereo, etc, but that day never came because I wasn't through spending on it yet. So I had to eat it all. I had over 30K in the Explorer and only got 12k for it. That's a big hick up.
Runnin'OnEmpty said:
BBQ, we enthusiasts can't give up our 'sport' entirely. What are you driving now, if not an Explorer?

I'm betting you still have an interest in some vehicle, and it's OK to admit it's not a Ford , maybe even a 'cough' Honda.......
It's not that I didn't love my Explorer and would love to have another to put all of this stuff on or in, but I just love life to much right now to risk another roll over like that. Living in Houston and some of it's ignorant drivers is just too risky. I am still driving a 91 Honda Civic HB with only 31K miles on it and the gas mileage is amazing to say the least. I do however want to get a Ford Ranger here soon. I will of course deck it out also, putting in my stereo and some nice wheels and tires on it. But certainly won't go through a total restoration like I did on the 98 EB.

Tell the truth Ronnie. last vegas trip, remember? (or do you) Erlean was charging you 3 k per night:) how soon we forget where the insurance money was spent.

Back