13th Annual Bond Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree (Pictures @ post 112) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

13th Annual Bond Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree (Pictures @ post 112)

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
*(edit)* Pictures begin @ post 112

Where: Essex Jct Vermont
When: August 4th - 6th 2007
Whos invited: You!

Mark your calendars! For a little history on this event. In 2004, we had a small group come. Mega fun. Issac, Aaron and Tim. We all stayed at my parents house that time. 2005, Myself, John, Issac, Aaron and Sandy showed up. Also some guests. We all got hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn. I even got a room! I live 5 min from the Jamboree. It helped cut costs for people. Also in 2005 we changed it up a little bit. The first day of the Jamboree we all went Wheeling on a legal trail in Westford VT. 15 min from Essex. Iam hopeing we can do the same for this year. We have found another new trail for John to take the beast on. Hopefully the posted signs came down, from when Ike and myself went for our fall run. Then the 2nd Day we hit the jamobree. I think that hoteling it for the Jamboree is the right call. Most of the time we are out and about, either wheeling or going out to dinner. In 2006, we did not go to the jamobree due to people not being able to make it. So heres the agenda I have come up for 2007. Its similiar to 2005.

- For Sleeping. I propose we use a hotel again. With plenty of notice we can get a good deal on rooms. I will also be staying in the hotel also to cut costs for people!

- 1st Day of jamboree. We go wheeling. Go out to dinner and hit a movie.

- 2nd Day jamobree. Breakfast, then we hit the fair grounds for the jamboree.

Note: If people want to come up Friday night. That will make it easier for us to get ready for a full day of wheeling.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Note, the dates seem to be wrong on there site. Iam guessing Registering is gonna be on the 3rd of august, and the jambo days are the 4th & 5th.

Sweet... Thanks for posting Matt..

Here are some links to past Jamborees.. As Matt noted it was much better wheeling for one day and going to the jamboree the next.. Two days of jamboree would IMO be overkill.

'04 Jamboree Pics @ end..

'05 Jamboree Pics Pics are also towards the end of the thread.

No freestyle event for the Monster trucks!? We plan on going down because my son loves monster trucks (he's 2 1/2) But we'll end up going down and coming back the same day. Money is tight for us, we'll see how it goes once summer hits though.

Then monster trucks freestyle after they race. One year we saw one truck break a steering part, so once it was finished, the truck came out and did freestyle together with Bigfoot which was awesome to watch. The same truck on the previous day decided to back over a lump of cars from one corner diagonally to the other. The following year we saw a truck lose a tire and flip over. I'm sure your boy won't be disappointed. :)

I'll be there I hope!!!

I was checking into hotel rates for that weekend. Found out that most of the places in Burlington/South Burlington are at least $135.00 and up per night

Cheapest place I found was the Motel 6 in Colchester, I stayed here last summer and it's very reasonable, there is also a McDonalds and Burger King right in the little plaza the motel is in and there is a diner right across the street.

Reservations must be made using credit card but room will not be charged until arrival. Must cancel by 6:00 PM on arrival date to not be charged

74 SOUTH PARK DRIVE
I-89 AT US 2/US 7, EXIT #16
COLCHESTER, VT, USA, 05446
802-654-6860

Price breakdown is as follows for best internet rate:

Children under 17 are free and totals are for 2 nights including tax.

1 adult: $144.95
2 adults: $157.37
3 adults: $163.59
4 adults: $169.80

I'll be bringing my 14 and 22 year old girls with me and this is the most economical for those of us what are paying for a room alone, plus my suite for the week after the Jamboree is going to be a bit more expensive so anywhere I can save money is good

Hope this helps

Alright. Lets get a cracking on the jamboree. So we can get everything hashed out early. Depending on how many members attend. I will stay in the hotel to cut costs

Current Members Attending

Me
John
Issac
Tim
Sandy with daughters
Dave

Question for john

Will you be bringing your family also? Depending if you bring your family or not. I will can house a few folks. Issac already has dibs, so depending if you bring your family or not, will determaine if i stay in the hotel.

I'll be in attendance to this event and will be bringing 1 adult and possibly my god sons (2 of them. Both under 17)

Ill be there, Ill probably bring a couple of my buddies too, not sure how many, maybe 3-4.-Erik

I wanna go but am suppose to bartend 2 weddings. Its still in the air so count me in for now...

As this is just down the road from me (about five miles) I expect you can count me in!

I'm scheduled for one of the 2 weddings so I will not make it at all. :(
It's the one on Saturday so no point of going up on Friday. Had it been Sunday I'd have no prob...

Skip it

I'm scheduled for one of the 2 weddings so I will not make it at all. :(
It's the one on Saturday so no point of going up on Friday. Had it been Sunday I'd have no prob...

:thumbsup: They've waited this long... see if you can talk them into postponing the wedding another few weeks.

haha I wish! Im actually down for both weddings that weekend now. But hey you never know when you are gonna get another runaway bride...:D

haha I wish! Im actually down for both weddings that weekend now. But hey you never know when you are gonna get another runaway bride...:D
And people make fun of us woodchucks and our shotgun weddings. NOW do you see the point of the shotgun? No runaway brides there! :shoot:

And people make fun of us woodchucks and our shotgun weddings. NOW do you see the point of the shotgun? No runaway brides there! :shoot:

LOL!!!! I thought the shotgun was to prevent the groom from running away :D

The dates must be wrong, i just looked at 2 calenders and the 6th is on Monday, are you sure it should be 3,4,5 of Aug? On another Note I won't be there this year unless it is on the 6th because I will be at the ALL truck nationals in Carisle, PA 3,4,5th. I went last year to the Jamboree so this year I have to do something differnent.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Matt The Genius posted last year's schedule, thus the date mix-up. So I take it the only one of us to get the jamboree last year wasn't even part of the group at the time??

Back