• Register Today It's free!

Caliper Color?

CodyN1991

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Eddie Bauer
2000 limited...want to paint the calibers. anyone know what color would look good with spruce green?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I assume you mean break caliper. I vote for red or yellow.

FYI freshly painted calipers look great, however, after about 6 months of use, they fade to a very dull color. This happens even with the very best caliper paint.

Knowing this fact, if I had it to do over, I would forgo the caliper paint.

Good luck ....

and Cody, if Al says it, it is so.

Welcome to the forum!

welcome aboard

i have the same color Mountaineer, i went w/ black. I kno ur prob like wtf ha, but it shows against my cobra R's and they have a glossy finish too so they're subtle but nice

The most popular colors are bright red and yellow as they are the hot colors and can look great. Yellow is particularly nice with the green, but both of these tend to look crappy when covered in brake dust so you'll have to wash them very very frequently to keep them looking good.

For a lower maintenance color that can look good with a little dust on it look for something neutral such as a black, silver, gray, or brownish type color.

Welcome to this forum! Powder coating would last much longer, but you have to take all of the internal parts, and seals out. You wouldn't want to melt them in the 400 degree oven temperature. You could contact JTSmith. He's this site's expert on powder coating.

Welcome to Explorer Forum! I would go with black.

FYI freshly painted calipers look great, however, after about 6 months of use, they fade to a very dull color. This happens even with the very best caliper paint.

Knowing this fact, if I had it to do over, I would forgo the caliper paint.

Good luck ....

Yeah my brother tried to paint his and they didn't look good for long. That's why I'm going to have jtsmith powdercoat all of mine.

If I were to ever color my calipersagain, I too would go with powder coating.

If I were to ever color my rotors again, I too would go with powder coating.

powder coat on rotors? or do you mean calipers?

I can make the calipers-brackets and yes even the rotors look very spiffy-

For a frost green, I would probably go with a silver vein on the calipers and an argent silver on the bracket and rotor edges.

Or
A matching body color on the calipers-with argent silver on the bracket and rotor.

But why stop there? How about the spindle?

I can make the calipers-brackets and yes even the rotors look very spiffy-

For a frost green, I would probably go with a silver vein on the calipers and an argent silver on the bracket and rotor edges.

Or
A matching body color on the calipers-with argent silver on the bracket and rotor.

But why stop there? How about the spindle?

You best get your big oven built first fool:p:

hey i have used the g2 kit from ebay. Mine seem to be holding up just fine. No to expensive and fairly easy. I didn't even take the calipers off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree with Al, whatever color you paint them, they will fade. Mine were a bright red, and now they are a dark red:p:. I vote for either a silver, or black.

Back