Aftermarket wheels | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Thank you, my car is lowered on H&R lowering springs. Defiantly a must do!

Also, last question (sorry to be a pest) but how do you like the ride with lowering your Explorer? Quiet? Comfortable? Stiff? I was looking through these threads and couldn't find anything about the ride. I travel a lot and want to be comfortable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ken, can you let me know EXACTLY what springs you bought. I want to buy the exact same set up except I'm going to get black wheels. I think we live in different states so were okay if I wear the same outfit? :p

Not a problem! I am not running spacer the wheel ins a 20x10.5 with a +45 offset. The fitment with that is pretty spot on!

Below are the exact springs that I purchased.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP303102

And ride quality is still excellent. They are alittle stiffer as most lowering springs are, but it definitely makes the car have more of a sporty feel to it. There are no unordinary noises that I have experienced. I also just took it on a 4 hour road trip to go snowboarding. The drive was very comfortable and the lowering springs didn't effect its capabilities in the snow.

15895112_10211564102795634_6227683517732951805_n.jpg

Not a problem! I am not running spacer the wheel ins a 20x10.5 with a +45 offset. The fitment with that is pretty spot on!

Below are the exact springs that I purchased.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP303102

And ride quality is still excellent. They are alittle stiffer as most lowering springs are, but it definitely makes the car have more of a sporty feel to it. There are no unordinary noises that I have experienced. I also just took it on a 4 hour road trip to go snowboarding. The drive was very comfortable and the lowering springs didn't effect its capabilities in the snow.

15895112_10211564102795634_6227683517732951805_n.jpg
You da man. Ordering the wheels today. Just emailed Velgen in FL. Waiting for a response. Getting the springs today too. Can't wait. Your car looks beast!

I have some time off work this week so I'll be heading down to a few places to explore wheel/tire upgrades. Based on my current budget I'm looking at getting a set of Asanti SSC005 wheels. 20 inch in black:

http://www.asantiwheels.com/configu...&wheelimage=7308&showallwheels=1&finish=Black

I'm not quite sure what specs they offer and am unsure what would look and perform best - 20x8.5, 20x9.5, 20x10.5... From what I've read on the forums most people gravitate towards the 20x10.5. I want to get the same dimensions on both front and rear to prevent issues with the AWD and so that I can rotate them.

Tires are another tough decision. I see a lot of people going with the 295/45's. I mainly want to go wider since mine are 245's and look a little anemic. I also want something that will perform best in snow, rain, and bad weather but will also perform well on dry asphalt. Is all terrain/all weather the way to go?

Here's a quick link to my intro post where I uploaded a few pictures of my 2015 Interceptor and some background info in case anyone wants to check it out:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-myself-and-the-15-police-interceptor.457940/

I have some time off work this week so I'll be heading down to a few places to explore wheel/tire upgrades. Based on my current budget I'm looking at getting a set of Asanti SSC005 wheels. 20 inch in black:

http://www.asantiwheels.com/configu...&wheelimage=7308&showallwheels=1&finish=Black

I'm not quite sure what specs they offer and am unsure what would look and perform best - 20x8.5, 20x9.5, 20x10.5... From what I've read on the forums most people gravitate towards the 20x10.5. I want to get the same dimensions on both front and rear to prevent issues with the AWD and so that I can rotate them.

Tires are another tough decision. I see a lot of people going with the 295/45's. I mainly want to go wider since mine are 245's and look a little anemic. I also want something that will perform best in snow, rain, and bad weather but will also perform well on dry asphalt. Is all terrain/all weather the way to go?

Here's a quick link to my intro post where I uploaded a few pictures of my 2015 Interceptor and some background info in case anyone wants to check it out:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-myself-and-the-15-police-interceptor.457940/
Nothing will be better than a dedicated Winter tire in snow. There are also The newer All Weather tires are suitable for year round conditions. By what you describe as wanting a tire for, a narrower, not wider tire would perform better. especially in snow and rain. I guess it all depends on whether you want functionality or appearance as a priority. Happy shopping.:)

Peter

Nothing will be better than a dedicated Winter tire in snow. There are also The newer All Weather tires are suitable for year round conditions. By what you describe as wanting a tire for, a narrower, not wider tire would perform better. especially in snow and rain. I guess it all depends on whether you want functionality or appearance as a priority. Happy shopping.:)

Peter

Trade off between functionality vs appearance...haha isn't that always the case with so many things in life :)

yep just need to find the balance and where you can be satisfied .. LOL

Got the wheels installed yesterday and wanted to post a few pics of the finished product. Sorry the car is a little dirty from all the rain past few days. I went with 20'' wheels and toyo STII all weather tires. I tried the 285's but they were rubbing so I went with 275.

20170126_150057.jpg

20170126_151038.jpg

20170126_151011.jpg

20170126_151002.jpg

Got the wheels installed yesterday and wanted to post a few pics of the finished product. Sorry the car is a little dirty from all the rain past few days. I went with 20'' wheels and toyo STII all weather tires. I tried the 285's but they were rubbing so I went with 275.

20170126_150057.jpg

20170126_151038.jpg

20170126_151011.jpg

20170126_151002.jpg

Nice wheels!!! Nice ride!!! We should set ups murdered out club :p Great job, my friend!

Nice and shiny....for now.;) Did you change the rear emblem? From the angle it still looks blue.

Peter

Thanks bud! I had to remove the headlight tint because I couldn't see at night but will be smoking out the amber part soon with tint film. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the murder job. Yours looks great too!
Nice wheels!!! Nice ride!!! We should set ups murdered out club :p Great job, my friend!

Taking a cue from member Deewan, I added Adventus AVX-7 22x9 wheels with the Yokohama Spec-X 265/40/22. I'm not a huge "blacked out" fan and wanted some polished wheels to add some contrast to my black Xsport. Super stoked on how it turned out:
https://goo.gl/photos/J43xh4tyZzKqMdHj9

Agree on both counts! I've had black, looks great when clean, but too much work for me to keep it that way
I do like the wheels!!!

frank

Taking a cue from member Deewan, I added Adventus AVX-7 22x9 wheels with the Yokohama Spec-X 265/40/22. I'm not a huge "blacked out" fan and wanted some polished wheels to add some contrast to my black Xsport. Super stoked on how it turned out:
https://goo.gl/photos/J43xh4tyZzKqMdHj9

Does anyone know what wheels this explorer has? The logo doesn't really stick out to me...maybe some kind of Niche wheels.:dunno: Anyway, they look great, and I want them!

rlc180.jpg

Does anyone know what wheels this explorer has? The logo doesn't really stick out to me...maybe some kind of Niche wheels.:dunno: Anyway, they look great, and I want them!
Check out post #363 on page 15.

Peter

Check out post #363 on page 15.

Peter
Ok, Peter, I have to ask: did you know where that post was or did you go looking for it? Either way that's some pretty impressive customer service. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, Peter, I have to ask: did you know where that post was or did you go looking for it? Either way that's some pretty impressive customer service. :)
I could say I knew where it was but at my advanced age I actually had to look for it. I figured that there was a good possibility that a member posted a picture of their wheels in this thread.;) Speaking of customer service, there is no word yet of any new Ford reps to monitor this Forum.

Back