Bring a Trailer . . . and some CA$H | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bring a Trailer . . . and some CA$H

It sold for $22,250. I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, I really need to start building subpar trucks…….

Pre 2,000 trucks seek to keep selling for stupid money on BAT.

Big Broncos, early Broncos, square body Chevys. Swap in a modern engine, lift, tires wheels and nice paint, stupid money.

Asking price for trucks like our Ram are getting close to what we paid for it new...

The car I am working on now, a '54 Ford, was bought for $27k.

Here is just one descriptive pic of his $27k paint job...

headlight_bezel.jpg

It’s………shiny.

It’s………shiny.

I pulled his engine last week and told him that now is the time to take care of the engine compartment. I said it needed to be stripped, and started from scratch.

He came over yesterday with a DA and 80 grit, only 80 grit. After an hour of scuffing the engine compartment this is what he came up with... Rustoleum Red...

rustoleum1.jpg
rustoleum2.jpg

What hurts more than anything is what he did to the wiring harness I just wrapped for him.:banghead:

Truly painful.

That's sad, also a sin to a classic car to treat it that way.

Twenty two twofifty that’s A lot of scratch!

Sheesh I wonder what a properly built one is worth

for the same money you can get a new maverick at msrp :dunno:
The car I am working on now, a '54 Ford, was bought for $27k.

Here is just one descriptive pic of his $27k paint job...

View attachment 440831
well.................. it covers metal :D
Asking price for trucks like our Ram are getting close to what we paid for it new...

:eek: shouldve bought a 4runner :banghead: would make money off it lol!

wth are those prices... Screw investing in gold, shoulda dumped all I had into those. Then again, I've just dropped like 800 on ammo and hunting gear at https://gritroutdoors.com/hunting/ so I feel like it's just general prices levels at this point...

Jesus! $22k for that thing? I could get @RockRanger explorer, swap in the full drivetrain and wiring like I did the Navajo into the '85 Ranger. Pull the D35 from the Navajo, put on some fancy coilovers, paint job. Sell it for $30 to 40k and enjoy life.

So nuts!:oops:

It's hard to look at those hurried builds, it reminds me of the car shows that fake a deadline of one week or three weeks, and constantly tell the viewer how hard it is to finish. You get builds like that red 1992 Ranger when you rush it.

Here's a BAT from the SEMA show, a 1972 F350 with a 1300hp Godzilla transplant. It's worth watching, a very well done truck, and the bid is at $150,000 so far;

I was surprised to see a build like that Ranger on BAT. They usually vet their vehicles better than that.

It's hard to look at those hurried builds, it reminds me of the car shows that fake a deadline of one week or three weeks, and constantly tell the viewer how hard it is to finish. You get builds like that red 1992 Ranger when you rush it.

Here's a BAT from the SEMA show, a 1972 F350 with a 1300hp Godzilla transplant. It's worth watching, a very well done truck, and the bid is at $150,000 so far;
now thats where its at!

Perfect way to put it “hurried builds”

Forget that noise man, when we get in a hurry is when people get hurt. I mean a deadline is a deadline but you can’t half ass a job just to meet it

Perfect way to put it “hurried builds”

Forget that noise man, when we get in a hurry is when people get hurt. I mean a deadline is a deadline but you can’t half ass a job just to meet it
Funny thing is that's the premise of most "reality" car build shows. Overhaulin', American Hot Rod, Fast N' Loud, Counting Cars, Monster Garage, etc. No one can convince me that most of these shows are not completely staged and fake. Off topic, but the worst is Pawn Stars for horrible "acting" that's supposed to be reality TV.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You watch the behind the scenes of some reality TV shows, that was great, let's shoot it again....

Back