Do not order from glassworks unlimited!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do not order from glassworks unlimited!!

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
i ordered a set of there fenders over two and a half weeks ago,paid $441! !they said the day i ordered them they would email me a confirmation of payment and tracking number,never did, ordered them on a wed and called back on Fri ,they said oo ill emailing you as we speak,never got anything!!called back on Mon for a tracking number,they said they would call me right back,never did!!!! called on teu wouldn't answer my calls all day.called on wed and he said he was mailing me a confirmation and tracking as we spoke.didn't get it till 4 hours later and all it said was thanks for your order it was shipped by yrc and should arrive this week.so 5 more days go by i call all day Mon ,all day teu,all day wed,email and call all day wed,no answer to any of my calls or emails.its now been two weeks.finally they call me thur and say the fenders came back to them and they were destroyed and said he would check on expediting a new set out and would call me right back.4 hours past i called no answer.then today I've called nonstop and still no answer!!long story short this is the worst company i have ever dealt with and just hope i get my $441 back!!!anybody that live near them or may know anyone that works there should let them know this is not how you run a company! !!!!i will be filing a case with the better business bureau against them!!:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you paid by credit card call your company and tell them the situation. Most card companies will credit your money right back after failing to resolve the situation.

i paid with my bank card.im going to give them till Mon and if they don't call or answer my calls or email.then im reporting it to my bank

that really sucks. UPS? no wonder they got destroyed if so..... surprised they didnt deliver them damaged tho.
keep times you called written down, if they asnwer record it. save emails. then BBB will have more to look at.
i say give them one more chance to send them. until they show up or they call and say they got sent back again

i got some vent visors on ebay before, nowhere near $400 but same issue.
arrived broken, told me i had to rebuy them, couldnt exchange or refund.
reported to ebay, they got scared, sent another set and gave me a full refund lol

no ups wont ship them.yrc freight.paid $141 for shipping.i dont think they ever shipped them in the first place or they would have just sent me a tracking number,just so i would stop calling them!!i think they just shipped them yesterday!!if they even did that!!only email i got from them and it was last week
"Jeremy,
Thank you for your recent order, sorry no one emailed you back, it was sent out via YRC and should arrive sometime this week.

Thank you for your interest in our products.
Glassworks Unlimited Inc.
5382 Oceanus Dr
Huntington Beach CA 92649
714-379-9134

Just becuase it's cheaper does not make it better, Buy it once, Buy it Right"
and they didnt even spell "because" right!!!!

I guess it boils down to how bad you want the fenders. If he is in the shop pounding out your new set, I doubt he will be answering the phone or subjecting himself to the distraction of a computer.

On the other hand, he should be able to provide a tracking number of some sort for the first shipment. If he cannot, I would agree the first set never existed. If he does provide a tracking number, then, you really should work with him on the resolution if you still want the fenders.

I agree lack of communication is a bad way to operate though.

I guess it boils down to how bad you want the fenders. If he is in the shop pounding out your new set, I doubt he will be answering the phone or subjecting himself to the distraction of a computer.

On the other hand, he should be able to provide a tracking number of some sort for the first shipment. If he cannot, I would agree the first set never existed. If he does provide a tracking number, then, you really should work with him on the resolution if you still want the fenders.

I agree lack of communication is a bad way to operate though.

i would doubt he is the one making them and before i ordered i called twice,once to ask questions about the fenders then called back to order them,both times he answered right away.this looks to be a large businesses i would think more than one person works there.i want the fenders,i drilled all kinds of holes in my stock ones mounting ugly fender flares on there:thumbdwn:i really doubt he will give me a tracking number of the first ones,he wont even answer my calls or emails.a tracking number is all i have been asking for this whole time,going on 3 weeks and still havent got one.i am and am willing to work with them,thats why im giving them till Monday.thats 5 days to call or email me a tracking number or let me know what is going on atleast

They are pretty busy down there and are known for not so great customer service from time to time. But they do have the best fitting fiberglass stuff out there.

thats what i hear.it doesnt take 3 weeks to email a tracking number though:thumbdwn:they have been very nice when they do answer or talk to me,they just dont follow up on anything they say.

omg! i hate yellow fright. they like to double stack pallets with 'do not double stack' stickers
california.. so it will take some time to get here. so its possible it took a week, destoryed, took a week to come back to them.

just keep track, try to get the new set and see what happens. if nothing this time then report it.
they do need to learn to answer your calls/emails

omg! i hate yellow fright. they like to double stack pallets with 'do not double stack' stickers
california.. so it will take some time to get here. so its possible it took a week, destoryed, took a week to come back to them.

just keep track, try to get the new set and see what happens. if nothing this time then report it.
they do need to learn to answer your calls/emails

it is possible.im just venting,yes answering my calls/emails would be great!!epically since last weekend was the only days i had in the paint shop to get them painted and the only days off till the july 4 trip.i only have the day before the trip to do my locker, a steering shock and shop for food,maybe mount the fenders if they ever come,just wont be painted

I don't care how busy some one is, they can spend 5 minutes at the computer to send and email stating "product is on back order, please be patient".
There is no excuse for a lack of proper communication with customers in the digital age.

I don't care how busy some one is, they can spend 5 minutes at the computer to send and email stating "product is on back order, please be patient".
There is no excuse for a lack of proper communication with customers in the digital age.

x2 things happen i understand that.keeping the customer informed and in the loop make them atleast aware of what's going on!

still won't answer my calls or.emails!!and no fenders yet,haven't been home today yet though! !got a feeling im going to have to take it to the next step!!

damn...
well i asked our warehouse foreman the other day. did you provide a phone number with your order?
if so. theres NO way they even sent it. the driver himself will call you directly if theres significant damage when unloading without the receiver present.

i dont understand what happened tho, theres quite a few other people that have bought from that company. unless they have a monthly drawing to pick which order # to pull a scam on or something :/

yep still no fenders!!!haven't heard or talked to them since last thur when the said they would check on expediting a set and call me right back!!they never came in the first place,they said they was damaged during shipping and returned.meaning they never made it here!!they have till Fri and im reporting a fraud charge!that's 8 days from when they said they would check on expediting a set.its been 3weeks as of tomorrow!!this is BS!!

well the answered today and gave me a tracking number.they said they would expedite them last thur but when i called the shipping company they said they didn't even get them till the 21 and didn't leave till the 22!!they didn't even answer my call,i canceled payment and was filling out the paper work with BBB when legal representative called them and they answered!!so we shall see if they do show up and what condition they are in.hopefully i can atleast get them mounted for the trip,won't have time to paint them.just sucks ill have to pull them back off to paint them or wait till i paint the rest of the truck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back