Platinum Lane-keeping system doesn't work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Platinum Lane-keeping system doesn't work

jed99

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2016 Platinum
Anyone with one of the new Platinum's had any success getting the Lane-keeping system to work? Owners manual indicates button on steering wheel which doesn't exist to turn system on/off. There is a setting in left gauge vehicle settings, but it doesn't appear to have any effect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2014 limited has the button on the end of left turn signal lever. Push it in and the lane keeping system activates, shows on the left display next to fuel gauge.

Have not see a 2016 Platinum yet surprised if its changed.

TB

2016 Owner's Manual Page 221 said:
Press the button located on the
left steering wheel stalk to
switch the system on or off.

2014 limited here same place, I usually have it off, but one day I tried it and it was weird feeling letting the Exp. brake each corner to keep it my lane. :eek:

Anyone with one of the new Platinum's had any success getting the Lane-keeping system to work? Owners manual indicates button on steering wheel which doesn't exist to turn system on/off. There is a setting in left gauge vehicle settings, but it doesn't appear to have any effect.
Hello jed99,

Your fellow forum member, dco43054, is correct! If you don’t have your 2016 Explorer Order Guide handy, don’t worry you can access it online. Feel free to check out page 221 by clicking, here.

Give it a try, and let us know if it worked! :)

Tricia

Lane keeping system

Well I guess jed99 is too embarassed to admit that he was not looking in the right spot for the lane keeping system activation button. I would have been nice for him to acknowledge that it is now working:hammer:

TB

Thanks guys!!! I was trying to figure out how to get it to work!

Thanks guys!!! I was trying to figure out how to get it to work!
Page 225 of your Owner's Manual;
Press the button on the steering
wheel stalk to switch the system
on or off.

I think a small diagram in the Manual as well would be helpful.

Peter

Back